My surgeon consult was moved up to tomorrow!

zimmersdreamer
on 6/22/15 5:54 pm - indianapolis, IN

I have been researching this for YEARS! I was on traditional medicaid 4 years ago and had to give up the thought of surgery when i was able to lose 50 lbs on my own. then after a severe depression, and 2 years of gaining the weight plus some back I have finally gotten approved for H.I.P. I was scheduled for the initial consult for Sep 2014 and got the call this morning that there was an opening for the consult tomorrow! I was not nervous till now. I have been reading up on the boards on here about how long they had to wait from initial visit to surgery date and have gotten more nervous. I am a full time student nurse and will not be able to have the surgery during the semester because I can not miss the days. I don't know if I am going to need to have the Dr weight loss for 3 months or 6 or if I can be approved without it. I have read it different ways. 

So my journey begins. I know from experience that I will need ALL the support I can get from my friends, family and readers from this site. Here is a little about me. 

I am a single mom of 2 girls. I am going into my senior year of nursing school and work as a hourly manager at a restaurant. I live with my brother his girlfriend and our 2 cats. I have 4 other brothers who I am close to and a few that I am not (half step and whole there was 10 of us). I have been over weight since I was 8. I started in sports in high school and still stayed overweight.  My weight is the hardest obstacle i have in my personal life. i go through periods that I dont exercise and periods (months) where I can walk 5 miles a day. I have PCOS, bi-polar disorder, hypothyroid as well as now high blood pressure. 

I am hoping to get the gastric sleeve and will try to keep posted. 

-Z-

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 3:23 pm
RNY on 12/28/15
Most Active
Recent Topics