MIXED EMOTIONS

Cindymc
on 1/15/06 7:52 am - Michigan City, IN
Hi Everyone. This is my first getting on the messageboard. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan 17. I am on day 14 of a liquid diet. The first 13 were on full liquids and today and tomorrow I am on clear liquids. I lost 9 lbs. in 10 days. Didn't weigh myself today. I was reading other messages from people down in Indy and going out to dinner was mentioned only a few days from surgery! What gives? My doctor said it was necessary to shrink the liver before he goes in. Anyone else doing this? Also, if I may ask, how do you put in all the blurbs in your profile? Does that go under the comments sections? If someone would please let me know I appreciate it. Please say a prayer for me on Tuesday. Scared, nervous, excited etc.....all emotions I am feeling. Thanks
lisaladybug
on 1/15/06 8:11 am - Lebanon, IN
Cindy, it depends on your doctor and wls clinic you chose. I am almost sure that the St. Vincent people don't do the liquid stuff so many days ahead, I didn't. But I think one of the other hospital's in Indy. Do ask for there patient to do the liquid for a few weeks before surgery. Oh and your emotions are all normal. I felt the same thing, I tried for two to have the surgery and then when I was approved I had surgery only 39 days after approvel from my insurance. So things went very fast I want the surgery but in the short time it didn't give me much time to think about things. I will be thinking of you. You will do fine. Have faith in your doctor, oh and yourself. Lisa
Cindymc
on 1/15/06 8:18 am - Michigan City, IN
Thanks Lisa. Everything is happening fast for me too. Only about 7 weeks from approval to surgery. Oh, I found out how to update my profile by reading someone else's question.
DEBI
on 1/15/06 8:38 pm - Indianapolis, IN
The hospital I used had us do a high-protein, low fat diet 2 weeks before surgery to reduce the fat in the liver. Then liquids only the day before. Good luck with your journey and post when you get home to let us know you are doing well!!! RNY 7/28/04 296/150/140
Linda Kay
on 1/15/06 9:55 pm - Mooresville, IN
Tommorrow is the first day of the best of your life.. I say that because mine has only improved since surgery.. I have weight loss buddies who are the friends I always wised I could have and a new life. I ate steak 2 days before surgery.. thank God I did cuz I still cant eat it!!! ( I have chewed and spit a couple times) but still cant swallow it..to afraid...Beef doesnt like me yet.. except hamburger.. but it is like the pounds I have shed... I dont miss it!! As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics