Your Eyes Appriciated

D S.
on 1/17/06 7:52 am - Kansas City, MO
I need a bit of help, especially from those of you who live in the airport area, which I understand there are several. THis is going to sound completly retarded- but... My dog got out of our yard last night, and has been missing almost 24 hours. I've called animal control and they don't have her. THe humane society won't take phone calls on animals brought in (so how do you find out if she's there). If you happen to see a little rat terrier female running around, or know of anyone who HAS found one, please do not hesitate to post on here or email me. My husband and I have no children and our dogs our like children to us. Also, my other dog is very sad, he wanders around crying all the time and won't let us out of his site. He is only 6 months old, and we always had Shelby (the missing dog) since he came home. He is litterally lost without her. I wanted to go to the support group tonight, but thought it was better that I come home in case she found her way home and to comfort Hagrid (our other dog). I ALSO had wanted to go to the clothing exchange, but we have started to look at adopting another dog and he will only be at the speedway petsmart Saturday from noon til four, and Hagrid needs a friend badly. I've made signs up to post through the neighborhood (I live near Belmont and Morris) but the contstant rain/snow since she went missing is making it impossible. I know this is a long shot that anyone here would see her or know of anyone who might find her, but I want to take every chance I can get. For now, I'm taking my other dog on another walk in hopes that if she is lost and can't find her way home that she might pick his scent up and be able to follow it back. Her little bed is on my front porch and I don't think I've stopped crying for 10 minutes since she left. Thank You.
wizz40
on 1/17/06 8:27 am - IN
I feel so sorry for you, and Hagred. Have you put up signs in the neighborhood? Place an add in the Indy newpaper, and offer a reward. Best bet would be to visit all the animal shelters to see if she is there. Also you can look online, under the indy humansociety web site. I hope your baby comes home soon or someone has taken her, to shelpter her until her mommy and daddy come for her so she isnt cold and freezing. Good luck to you, I know I would be devistated if one of our babies was missing. Rosemary
DEBI
on 1/17/06 9:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
AWWWWWWW....will keep my eyes open for ya
Silkyheart
on 1/17/06 9:10 am - IN
Hi Darrah, I'm sorry to hear about your situation very much so!!! I have 2 outside dogs...a Mother and Daughter that are in need of a new home. We have a 17 month old lil boy, and we don't get to spend much time with our doggies anymore because of the baby and work. Sissy is about 6 years old and Lucy is 10 months old. Sissy is part Australian Dingo, and we were told part Chow at first, but have been told part Border Collie since then, so we aren't sure. Lucy on the other hand looks VERY much like a Border Collie, and herds the baby as if the baby were her own...that's what Border Collie's are used for herding sheep etc. They both are mid-sized dogs. I really hate to get rid of them, but they really need more attention than we are able to provide for them at this time. If you are if you know of anyone would like to adopt them, I want them to be with one who LOVES animals and I know will be taken excellent care of!!! If not that's ok too, I hope you find what your looking for in another animal if you don't find your Shelby!!! Best wishes to you and yours!!! Sincerely...Shari P.S. I wasn't able to make it to support group tonight either because of work and a sick lil one, so hopefully we'll be able to go next month!!!
Linda Kay
on 1/17/06 7:18 pm - Mooresville, IN
Sorry about your loss... My sisters pets get out once in a while and have her frantic then they come home like naughty teenagers.. saying whats got your panties in an uproar.. I was just out chillin.. Duke is a Lab and Sarah is a registered collie.. both have attitudes.. cuz they are so spoiled.. I had katie for 17 years and when we finally had to put her down I haven't wanted to replace her... not yet anyway... Linda
jellyin
on 1/17/06 8:57 pm - Indianapolis, IN
ahhhhh......i do not go that far east or north as a rule....i sure hope someone answers your posters....i use to manage that lindners on west washington across from washington high school...oh did i say that? lol sure aging me there...
Most Active
Recent Topics