"Oh Bother"-

Ellenchanged
on 1/18/06 2:02 pm - Thorntown, IN
Tonight my Son-In-Law called asking me to pick him up, since he had a bad accident, & his van was totalled. (This is the husband of my daughter who had emergency surgery on Sat. am.) Now,they are without the van, & he needed to borrow my car to be able to go to work tomorrow. Now I am not sure if I'll make the clothing exchange -I may have to "hitch a ride" if someone is coming from my way.??? Also, they recently bought a home, & are trying to get repairs/painting/& unpacking done. My daughter said tonight-"when will it stop?" I really didn't know what to say, other than "it will get better." I remember my hubby & I went thru a really rough few yrs.& had to really work hard to make things better.(We didn't have any family to count on.) Please keep them in your prayers. We can see the stress is affecting both of them negatively. This is then reflected in our grandsons. Tonight the boys were bickering over the smallest things. Thanks, Ellen
Linda Kay
on 1/18/06 7:02 pm - Mooresville, IN
Just tell him you can use it but I need it Sat... So what if they have to sit home Sat and unpack. I am a very giving mother but sometimes I have to put the halt on me giving so they can go thru the stress of need.. that is what makes them stronger.. It sure helped me and hubby when we had to depend on oursewlves for things. But then thats me and I am not a sweet as you..
DEBI
on 1/18/06 7:29 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I agree with Linda....our kids become adults when we let them...until then, they are going to cling to being our kids. This may seem heartless....but it is really giving them the love they need. They will have to depend on each other to solve the things that come up in life...these are the lessons in life we all have to learn. It is what a marriage is all about. They should be grateful they have each other to work the problems out....I am a single parent and I have to depend on me. No one else is going to solve my problems. Not to say you can't help them out...just make sure they know that you have a life too and they can't ask you to put them before your needs...no reason your needs can't ride right beside theirs in equal portions. So try what Linda suggested...tell them you need the van Saturday...they can stay home and unpack They are young...it won't kill them. Better see ya Saturday
Ellenchanged
on 1/18/06 10:29 pm - Thorntown, IN
Thanks gals! What was I thinking? of course I can take my car back this Fri. pm. That was a "duh, moment" for me. That is what I get for posting when I need to go to , instead! I am getting my things ready for Sat.!!! Thanks, you Gals are a great help to me! (((hugs))) Ellen
jellyin
on 1/18/06 10:37 pm - Indianapolis, IN
ooh goody...this is all worked out...they may be able to get a rental car too by then...sometimes they need our help no doubt about it...but since these were your plans they should certainly understand that
Most Active
Recent Topics