Back Again

melhardman2
on 1/19/06 3:11 am - Anderson, IN
Hello all. I dropped in about a month ago after my initial consult with surgeon. Was all pumped about the procedure and getting back to healthy, then my bubble was burst after talking to my PCP about the surgery. She was COMPLETELY against it and basically made me feel like I was just lazy and needed to try yet another diet. So I cancelled my psych eval. Of course the few people that I talked to about it tried to talk me out of it as well saying, "you're not that overweight". I'm like, OK...so maybe I'll wait until I put on another 50 pounds and then see if that's fat enough. ARRRGGGHHH!!! Anywho, so Dr. Evanson's office called and I got a letter back from my insurance saying that they needed the psych eval to finish processing the request. So I have decided to go for it again and have the psyc eval on Monday. Crossing my fingers and hoping and praying that this will go through. I'm not sure where else to go. I feel like I've tried everything on my own. And I know that I need to exercise more, but ya know, with all this weight it's not the easiest thing to do. Just wanted to say hi, and see if you could throw some good vibes my way. I'll keep you all posted!!!!
SweetSherri
on 1/19/06 3:26 am - Indianapolis, IN
Melissa, Best wishes hon! Hope you are feeling the vibes I am trying to send your way! People use to tell me 'but you carry your weight so well'. Yeah right! I know how 'well' 344 lbs carry! And can completely understand how difficult it is to exercise when you're obese. Shoot, just getting up from a sitting position was enough to make my knees and legs hurt! You are in good company here. Welcome to OH! Sherri
DEBI
on 1/19/06 3:44 am - Indianapolis, IN
Welcome back Melissa.... Do this for you...no one else. The ignorance of some people should not stop you from doing what you want to do to get healthy. So stand up and be counted...be strong and be firm And that Dr E is one hot surgeon
billsgirl
on 1/19/06 4:45 am - Indianapolis, IN
Melissa, Don't let others influence your desicion. Everyone was against me having it too but I did and now that they see how happy and fit I'm getting they are pump too. Best of luck.. Julie
melhardman2
on 1/19/06 5:02 am - Anderson, IN
THANKS!!!! Exactly what I needed to hear!!!!!
jellyin
on 1/19/06 9:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
great i am so glad you are going back,,,,you got the vibes lady...go for it...
Linda Kay
on 1/19/06 7:27 pm - Mooresville, IN
I had one sister praying I would have the surgery and the other 4 were just praying I would loose the weight before I popped!! Everyone is happy for me now, and just a tad bit jealous but thats the way sisters are.. They are just so glad I am going to live now!! Before surgery I had no life and was so full of pain from the stress the weight was putting on my body. You do what feels right in your heart.. God wont lead you to it without leading you thru it!! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics