AETNA POS HELP :help:

DEBBIL
on 1/20/06 3:44 am - GREENWOOD, IN
HELP, I HAD SURGERY ALMOST 2 YRS AGO AND I HAVE A YOUNG FRIEND WHO DESPERATELY NEEDS TO HAVE THE SURGERY. HER INSURANCE SAYS IT ISNT COVERED BECAUSE HER HUSBANDS COMPANY DIDNT TAKE OUT THAT COVERAGE. I ALSO KNOW THAT INDIANA LAW SAYS THEY CANT DENY IF MEDICALLY NECESSARY AND IT IS. IS THERE ANYTHING SHE CAN DO? IS NONCOVERED THE SAME THING OR DIFFERENT FROM DENIED? THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE
DEBI
on 1/20/06 4:59 am - Indianapolis, IN
Have the surgeon of her choice submit the request....when they send back a denial...she will need to appeal, appeal, appeal. All they can do is say no...but instead speculating....she will get it from the horses mouth and know where to go from there. Good luck to your friend
jellyin
on 1/20/06 7:42 am - Indianapolis, IN
sorry, but the law is for federal or state...not everyone...what she needs to find out is...the policey self insured, means the comany pays the claims and the ins co handles the claims, or do they have a fully insured? almost need to know exactly what her policy says...and nope non covered is not the same as denied... have her find out about the self insured or fully...then call gary he will let her know from there what if any thing more she can do...
Most Active
Recent Topics