Friends of WLS Boston Gathering March 2006

overtherainbow
on 1/20/06 5:12 am - Somerville, MA
Boston Gathering of Friends of WLS Friday, March 24, 2006 - Sunday, March 26, 2006 Adults Only Registration Deadline is February 10, 2006 Late Registration Deadline is March 3, 2006 This weekend is about connecting with people that can understand the journey we have taken and having some fun with fellow WLSers and support people. I have finalized the Hotel information for the Boston Gathering. The cost of the hotel is $79.00/per night, this is per room. You can call the hotel to make your reservations at 1-800-325-3535 or (781) 848-0600 by March 3, 2006: Sheraton Braintree Hotel 37 Forbes Road Braintree, MA 02184 (Exit 6 off Interstate 93/state Route 128 ) We have been very fortunate to secure the $79.00 room rate again this year. The hotel has a good size pool, hot tub and saunas. They also have a full gym (Braintree Athletic Club) they offer daily memberships at $7.00 a day. If nothing else, it's a great get away for the dreary end of winter... As a lot of us did at past gatherings, I recommend doubling, tripling and quadrupling up. Saturday during the day you will be free to go sightseeing in Boston or do whatever you like. There is a wonderful shopping mall across the street from the Hotel. It is a very reasonable car ride from PA, NJ, NY, CT, NH, VT, ME, MD, RI If you are interested in flying into Boston you have three airports to choose from. The first one is Boston''''s Logan International Airport, the other two are located about an hour away from Boston. They are in Manchester, New Hampshire and Providence, Rhode Island (TF Green). There is a shuttle to the hotel from Boston''''s Logan Airport. Braintree is also on the T''''s red line (the T is Boston's rapid transit). The red line is accessible to South Station (where most Amtrak''s come into from the South.) The Tara (as it's known in the area) will gladly pick you up from the Quincy Adams T station. Please feel free to bring your Significant Other, but children will not be allowed at the Friday night or Saturday night events.In addition the Boston area has a WEALTH of nearby attractions. In late March you're looking at doable weather for walking trips in Boston. Also historic Plymouth is only a 40 minute drive (the Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower are there) And Quincy, the next town over is historically rich as well. Here is a brief overview of the weekend festivities: Friday, March 24, 2006 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Mix and Mingle 10:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m. - Private Pool Party Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - Dinner/Dancing - Keynote Speaker being arranged Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Farewell Breakfast Here are the costs associated with the weekend. COSTS: Deadline: February 10, 2006 Post-op = $67.00 Pre-op/Support = $80.00 This includes the following Registration Fee = $25.00 Saturday Night Meal = $32.00 (4oz - post-op) = $37.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) Sunday Breakfast = $10.00 (4oz - post-op) = $18.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) COSTS: Deadline: March 3, 2006 - LATE REGISTRATION - Money Orders Only will be accepted Post-op = $92.00 Pre-op/Support = $105.00 This includes the following Registration Fee = $50.00 Saturday Night Meal = $32.00 (4oz - post-op) = $37.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) Sunday Breakfast = $10.00 (4oz - post-op) = $18.00 (8oz - pre-op and support) I am still working on getting a charter sightseeing tour similar to the duck tours we did last year, so more information on that to follow. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Hope to see you all there!!!! Marie Friends of WLS
Most Active
Recent Topics