Life Really Is Wonderful - HELP with Protein

djlook
on 1/20/06 8:53 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I am 6 weeks post-op and finally feeling great. I had a complication during surgery and it took a FULL five-weeks to feel GOOD about what I have done. I finally feel great and back to myself. I have had a 45 weight loss so far. I need help with the PROTEIN......yuk as most of you know. Are there any out there that can be mixed with soup to cover the taste???? HELP
Ellenchanged
on 1/20/06 9:14 pm - Thorntown, IN
Hi Debbie, Bariatriceating.com has some that mix into soups,decaf coffee, etc. You might try them & ask for samples also. You are doing wonderful! Have you tried the South beach Diet Protein bars? They are good, & have 10 grams in the reg. ones & 20 in meal replacement bars. You can use one a day as a suppliment, the Dieticians told me. Have a good day, Ellen
djlook
on 1/20/06 10:08 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Thank you so much. I will get some South Beach today and try. Debbie
jellyin
on 1/20/06 9:28 pm - Indianapolis, IN
gnc has the drinks in a bottle that are much better than most, what kind of complication did you have, if you don't mind answering? i found nothing that could cover that protein up..tatse nasty period..oh another thing is carb countdown milk 8 oz of that with 1/4 of a cup of powdered milk is i forget how many grams some where about 16 i wanna think in 8 oz glass, puts me in mind of swiss miss....
djlook
on 1/20/06 10:11 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for your help. I will check them out. Complications were when they got my surgery all done (laprascope) the NG tube (from the nose) was put through it......so then I had to be opened up and cleaned out and patched.......but everything is great now. So I got 2 for 1 on the surgery. Debbie
DEBI
on 1/20/06 10:13 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I was a protein avoider too...have been low on my labs twice. If you can drink milk and eat cheese....those have been my supplemental protein for the last 18 months....has worked...protein levels are back to normal. Onr gram of protein for every ounce of milk. Make sure you get your Calcium Citrate in...even with the milk. Milk has Calcium Phosphate...which we do not absorb very well. Happy journey and you are doing great!!! Hope you can make it to the clothing exchange today!!! RNY 7/28/04 296/150/140
djlook
on 1/20/06 10:17 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Can't make it to the clothing exchange -- wedding and stitch club this afternoon. Several from my support group are going ----- I will be there in April. Thanks for the info......I love milk. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics