WAITING TO HEAR FROM INSURANCE :-S

KATE2005
on 1/23/06 4:19 am - Monterey, IN
I SENT ALL OF MY INFO TO INDIANA COMPREHENSIVE THE BEGINING OF JAN. I THOUGHT I WOULD HEAR SOMETHING.. I GUESS I AM JUST ANXIOUS. I LOOKED AT MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THE INSURER BOARD WITH SAME INSURER AND IT DIDN'T TAKE THEM THAT LONG TO GET APPROVAL...I'M KIND OF STRESSED. I JUST WANT TO FIND OUT.MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THE ICHIA WERE APPROVED WITHIN A WEEK OR SO.ANY THOUGHTS? AND OF COURSE I CHECKED W/ CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID GIVE US 30 DAYS! I'M JUST EXCITED.
tammy398
on 1/23/06 5:07 am - Danville, IN
Hi Kathleen, I know exactly what you are going through. Although we don't have the same insurance, I went through the same thing. I started calling the insurance 3 days after they received my info and every other day after that. I kept getting the same answer as you... " we are still reviewing your case, it could take up to 30 days". All I could do is sit and wait. Then I received a call saying it had been declined...my heart dropped, but Laverne ( the lady at the Dr's office that handles the insurance) told me not to freak, all they wanted was additional info. So I took a deep breath and let her handle it. 1 week later I got another call, this one saying I had been approved. Weeeee!! So hang tight, and have faith. Tammy
KATE2005
on 1/23/06 6:46 am - Monterey, IN
Tammy, I got a letter in the mail today from the ins. stating they can't certify these services for medicall necessity.So now what do I do? Help!!!!They want more pertinent documentation???????????
tammy398
on 1/23/06 7:12 am - Danville, IN
You know something, I think the insurance companies do that on purpose, just to see if you will continue with submitting documents etc. Alot of people probably don't continue on when they get that type of letter...kinda of weeding out the ones that really want it. Did they tell you what other kind of info they wanted? Other than pertinent documentation? I would send in an appeal letter plus all the information back in with it. Have you spoken with anyone at the Dr's office? Don't get discouraged....
jellyin
on 1/23/06 7:24 am - Indianapolis, IN
well, they like to stall and hope you go away....yes they want more info, and maybe even a diet...the letter should say why it was not approved...so you appeal...do whatever they say was the reason for the denial
DEBI
on 1/23/06 8:13 am - Indianapolis, IN
You need a Letter of Medical Necessity from your doctor. Just have them type a letter explaining what your co-morbidities are...Diabetes, joint pain, high blood pressure,etc. Good luck on your journey!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics