Good news for me

austinsmom
on 1/23/06 8:18 am - Linton, IN
I went to the doctor today for something for this nasty cold and for my sugar starting to drop some and when they weighed me the last time and then this time I was down 24 pounds. I think it is great but I am not sure how fast the weight is supposed to be coming off right now. I was just 3 weeks out this past friday. What do you all think. Should I have lost more by now or is this good? Kylie
julieb
on 1/23/06 8:31 am - Greenfield, IN
24 pounds in 3 weeks?!? I think that's great, really it's probably more than that, depending on how much and how long it took you to get rid of the extra weight you gained during surgery. I gained 13 pounds and wasn't back to my starting weight until I came home 6 days after surgery. So I start my date on 12/28 instead of 12/22, I got on the scales this morning and have lost 30.6 pounds!!! I was so excited because last week I was kind of going through a depression. I just knew that I was never going to lose any more weight than I already had. I finally have gotten myself down to weighing only 2 times a week, instead of 2 times an hour! My biggest problem now is I keep eating too fast. Had to make myself throw up the last 2 nights haven't had to do that before. Guess it's back to the baby spoon for me. Can you have refried beans and salsa yet? If so, layer beans, salsa and cheese, and either bake or microwave. Really good. Have you tried any cream soups yet? My diet is a little different than you St. V guys and gals so not really sure what you are allowed to have.
jellyin
on 1/23/06 10:22 am - Indianapolis, IN
awesome....one way i always looked at it was, how much would i have lost without the surgery? everyone loses at their own speed...
Ellenchanged
on 1/23/06 1:22 pm - Thorntown, IN
Kylie, You are doing awesome!!! When I got to Phase 11 they told me I could have chili & 3 saltines with it-oh boy, did it taste good! I went right out to Wendy's & got it after my counsult with the Dietician. You might try meat alittle bit at a time. We all are differant, but I had trouble with chicken. (I am just now able to eat it.Also ,eggs bothered me- you will find out as you go what works.) Just look how far you have come already. Keep up the great work!! (((hugs))) Ellen
DEBI
on 1/23/06 7:23 pm - Indianapolis, IN
ask yourself 'when was the last time you lost over a pound a day? ' WLS patients generally loose 1 pound a day the first month. Then 10-20 pounds the second month. Then it will drop to 7-15 pounds a month thereafter....dropping some months to 1-4 pounds. It is different for everyone and your body will loose the way it will so try not to compare too much. I was a slow looser....a lot of people loose their first 100 pounds within 6 month...I was just over 80 pounds by my 6th month. I did not go over a 100 loss until my 8th month. I am 18 months out (on the 28th of this month) and I am still loosing. The scales are teasing me this month though They won't drop below 150...I am sure they laugh everytime I get on them and say "Nener, nener, nener" But I know by the end of February I will be in the 140's. I have never had a month of no weight loss....but those months when I only loose 1-2 pounds are real teasers Keep up the good work and happy journey!!!! RNY 7/28/04 296/150/140
Linda Kay
on 1/23/06 10:19 pm - Mooresville, IN
Enjoy it while you can!!! It will slow down at about 6 months... I lost 22 the first 2 weeks.. I will be under 200 in 9 pounds!! I am going to pu**** to see if I can make it by feb 6th when I have my knee surgery. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics