ICHIA

KATE2005
on 1/24/06 6:01 am - Monterey, IN
Well, I got the letter yesterday for the medical necessity. I called and talked with them (ins.) today, and the nurse in medical mgmt. told me to contact my pcp to get documentation on type of specific diets he has me on and specific excercise program. So I called my pcp talked to the receptionist and told her what I needed so hopefully....The nurse actually told me the Dr. could call them directly.Then they will send paperwork to physician's review board again. What do you guys think?
Linda Kay
on 1/24/06 6:53 pm - Mooresville, IN
A letter is better.. you could also along witht he Drs letter write your own detailing everything you have done to loose weight.. I di.. I explained the weigh****chers.. the counting carbs.. bets with friends.. paying 5 bucks per pay with co workers to see who would get the pot next weigh in.. (they kicked me out of that group after my surgery..sigh.. just when i finally started winning) Linda
DEBI
on 1/24/06 8:45 pm - Indianapolis, IN
ya had an unfair advantage eh?
jellyin
on 1/24/06 9:40 pm - Indianapolis, IN
they will want actual notes of each vist if that is what they require, and i have seen people still be denied as the dr notes were not detailed enough...but i have also seen where the dr would send a letter stating he does not keep detailed notes but that you did do such and such..most ins co seem to want more info...now my united health care, my weight and height was good enough for them...and thats how it should be... i know more about ins co than i care to know over this surgery
KATE2005
on 1/25/06 5:58 am - Monterey, IN
Thank you gals! You are all such a great help and inspiration for me to keep plugging along!!!! I'm going to see my pcp Friday. I wanted to sit down with him and let him know all the documentation that I feel I need. I'm also going to take Linda's advice and write a letter to send. Thank you so much! Hugs Kathy
sarahj
on 1/24/06 11:51 pm - Hicksville, OH
Kathleen, See my comment on the post before this about AETNA POS. Hopefully what I posted will help you too. Good Luck! Sarah
Most Active
Recent Topics