Need support for LapBand procedure, any takers?

Tsmiles
on 1/24/06 10:47 am - New Whiteland, IN
Hello, I actually tried to post this earlier, but it never posted....not sure why? I apologize if for some reason my ealier post comes through also. My name is Tania and after yo-yo dieting for 30 years I've decided to try a surgical tool to help. I initially considered the RNY, but for some reason this just doesn't feel right for me. I'm so glad to hear so many have had great success with it!!! I just feel like this procedure, the LapBand, is what I'm meant to do. Call it a 'sixth sense' or call me crazy...........either way I'm looking for someone to talk to who has been through this procedure. I know there is a special board for the LapBand procedure and I have checked it out, but I'm looking for a support group closer to home . I live in New Whiteland and I'm am consider surgery at St. Francis with Dr. Clark. I see my PCP for a referral on Thursday and I have an appt. with Dr. Clark on Feb 9th. Any information/advice on Dr. Clark???? I have read all the testimonials, but honestly I haven't found a bad one about anyone on there yet. I'm guessing if you had a bad experience, you just don't post. So, fill me in..........the good, the bad, the ugly!!! I did a literature search today----supposed to be working, uh oh :-/ ,and I found that this procedure is resulting in a 35-65% weight loss within 2 years. Is that what you have experienced? Also, I'm seeing very minimal adverse events, true???? Enquiring minds........... Thanks a bunch, Tania
Linda Kay
on 1/24/06 6:41 pm - Mooresville, IN
If she doesnt answer this post post one that says Jodi where areyou. Jodi had Lap Band and is in our group the Hoosier Losers. She has done wonderful and is an inspiration and joy to the group. Jodi was with St Francis too so she can give you tons of ins and outs so.. wait for Jodi. PS Good luck!! Linda
Brenda M.
on 1/24/06 9:02 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Hi Tania I'm a relative newbie for the LapBand, but so far, so good. I haven't had any problems (I'm a little over 2 months out). My weight loss has been very slow, but that's normal for my body. I also don't have much restriction yet. (I'm going in for my 2nd fill on Monday). There are some people on the LapBand board who have had amazing results with this tool. Jodi is a little farther out and has done VERY well and could probably give you more info than I can. But feel free to e-mail me any time. Bren 248/231/goal?? ------------------------ Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
DEBI
on 1/24/06 9:09 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I can not say enough good things about dear Dr Clark...he is just wonderful...and very caring. He is also very skilled and that is the most important thing. I have a picture of him on my picturetrail link in my profile. I also considered the lap-band....but I am a compulsive over-eater and I liked sweets....so that procedure would have failed for me (or more accurately, I would have failed). At 46 years old (when I had surgery) I knew I only wanted to go through one procedure....and I wanted the one that had the highest success rate and the largest loss. I also needed something that helped to control my appetite more than the band would have done. Some people just need a helping hand with their intake...I needed major changes I am 18 months post-op with my RNY and I am eating 6-8 ounces at each meal...rarely ever snack in between meals and I have lost 146 pounds...just 10 to go and I am still loosing. I would still have a normal appetite had I had the band and I know myself well enough to know that I would eat all day long...might be slower...but I know I would have grazed. That is why I chose the RNY. But if you know yourself well enough to know you just need a little bit of help and that you don't compulsively eat...you should do fine with the band....Jodi (our Melting Hoosier bander) is doing great!!! She has much more self-control than I ever had Good luck on your journey...you will love Dr Clark. And if he advises you that you are a good candidate for the band...go for it!!! He makes his recommendation on the type of surgery based on your eating history/habits. He truely wants all his patients to be successful with their tool...whatever road they choose to take
jellyin
on 1/24/06 9:52 pm - Indianapolis, IN
girl, you came to the right person on dr clark...he is awesome...i plan to have him move in with us...his whole family...LMAO...now jody on here has the band..both my husband and i have the rny...you see the young balck gal on his commericals...i am using her cos people have seen her on tv...well, she was told she would never have babies and shortly after she was one year out, she found out she was gonna have one...she had the baby, gained a few pounds but...it is right back off and she is back at 130 or so..you will see several of us on here that have used him...you do not have enough time for me to say all the things about him...but he is one heck of a caring man, and he loves his job...is what is boils down too..and i trusted not only my life but my husbands as well with him...
Most Active
Recent Topics