I am now insured!

rubens42
on 1/25/06 1:08 am - Parker , CO
Like I have posted before we just moved here in plainfield and hubby got a new job we are now on insurance being new to idiana can you guys recommend some doctors that are for the gastric bypass surgery. I want this process of getting approved to be plesant and starting out with a doctor who is supportive is important to me. I want to go to appointment asap. Thank you Robin
wizz40
on 1/25/06 2:15 am - IN
I think you would be very impressed with St. Vincents hospital in Carmel, In its just north of Indy on Meridian st. Dr. Gupta is very caring and a great doctor, my husband and daughter both had her, and were very pleased with the staff, after care and support they provide. The hospital has its own bariatric floor and privet rooms, and you may have one person stay in the room all night with you. She does the lap procedure for the RNY and usualy last 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on your body. I had my surgery with another surgeon and he was great, but not the hospital, over crowded, short staffed, lack of concern, and I stayed 3 days, at St. V you go home the next day unless complications arise or if your diabetic. If I ever have any problems related to my wls, I will see Dr. Gupta. Dr. Jones and Dr. Caccui are all fine women surgeons also. They have a psych on staff Dr. Paul Smith, and he is a real sweetheart, and very caring. I wish I would have used the st. V bariatric center for my wls. GOod luck on yor search for a surgeon. There are may great surgeons and hospitals, so first you need to see which ones participate with your insurance. Enjoy the ride! Rosemary
rubens42
on 1/25/06 4:46 am - Parker , CO
I just called my insurance company and they told me that gastric by pass surgery is not covered on my plan. I thought aetna covered wls but I guess I was wrong. I am still going to try through my doc to get approved who is your primary doc? I need one Sweet tweety talks about one alot. All help will be appreciated Thanks Robin
driven
on 1/26/06 6:54 am - Remington, IN
Several people have listed St VIncent Carmel and they are right. I just had my surgery 10 days ago. I loved the care I received at that hospital. My surgeon was Rose Marie Jones and she was very nice and is very good, but she is hard to keep in contact with. As a last resort after being denied 4 times and having my insurance company now tell me that they were no longer covering this surgery (this is happening with a lot of inusrance companies now) and working on this for over a year I decided to have it done and pay for it myself. It was very expensive but the office put me in contact with several medical loan companies and I decided it was definately worth it. Hope this helps you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics