Recent Posts

SweetSherri
on 3/16/10 7:29 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: RE: weirdest pain ever.
Christina,

When I read about under your bra-line, what came to my mind was gallbladder. Of course, it could be many other things too..for women, it could be the heart, or it could be lungs (pluerecy), ribs. Since you are so new out, it could also mean a perforation (rip) in your stoma (where the intestine was connected to your pouch during your rny). When you have a perf, air can travel through it and it rises...and gets caught. When I had my perfs, liquids that went through it hurt lower..like a stitch in the side that I got as a kid when I ran. The arm numbess is a new one on me too. I would definately contact your surgeon's office about both issues though. Any new pain is something that should be reported to them ASAP. That's what they get the big bucks for.

Sherri

AT GOAL!!
http://www.myspace.com/sweetsherri61
Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option......
Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway...
Michael Virgin
on 3/16/10 3:01 pm - IN
Topic: RE: Living on....
Quick update, just had a chance to weigh myself and Saturday afternoon I was 495, I am now 472.... 
Sunbunny064
on 3/16/10 2:27 pm
Way 2 go!
Hope the popcicles are sugar free. I have thought about buying some of the molds from Tupperware to freeze Isopure in and make protien popcicles. I am not sure if the Isopure would freeze or not. If it does that would be a good way to get protien and liquids and sooth the stomach.
Johnna1
on 3/16/10 1:57 pm - Rosedale, IN
That is very normal and you are where you should be right now. I think it was 2-3 weeks before I ate much at all. I also started on refried beans and cheese. I ate cottage cheese though instead of reg cheese on my beans. I blend my cottage cheese to make it smooth like sour cream and it is good that way. I use ranch dip powder mix to make chip dip or veggie dip. My daughter won't even eat sour cream because she is used to dip made with cottage cheese. Just focus on your fluids (water) and any protein drinks that you like. I used powdered milk a lot in drinks and still use it in my coffee as creamer. Good Luck!! Keep on keepin on.
Be Well  : )  
Johnna                

Johnna1
on 3/16/10 1:52 pm - Rosedale, IN
Topic: RE: Alright you guys......
I'm here and as I have you as a Facebook friend, you know I have been on there lately. I've just recently been posting on here again since I feel guilty that I have been absent. I am here and ready to keep in touch with everyone! Still struggling to get to goal. I have lost about 120lbs but gained back a few and am about 10lbs away from where I once was (at my lowest). Unforunatey I am still about 50 lbs away from goal so, I need to focus. Plus, I miss my OH buddies.
Be Well  : )  
Johnna                

momof2wthkids
on 3/16/10 1:09 pm - New Goshen, IN
Sorry ....on vacation in Florida!
Keep your head held high and your eyes smiling

Michael Virgin
on 3/16/10 1:00 pm - IN
Topic: RE: Clear Liquids, gearing up for D-Day!
I only had to do clear liquids day before and at night only, but hang in there, this is the start of your new birthday.
Michael Virgin
on 3/16/10 12:59 pm - IN
Topic: Living on....
Ok so my meals consist of 1.5oz refried beans with .5oz shredded cheese melted in. And I am living on popsicles to help with the liquids, and I mean living on them, like 12 or so a day..  Good, bad? Help...  Btw the beans and cheese taste good, first decent thing I have enjoyed since the surgery...
Deb Breneman
on 3/16/10 11:12 am - Newburgh, IN
Topic: RE: weirdest pain ever.
 Well my first thought about the pain under your bra could be gas in the rib cage area but the numbness is another issue.  I would suggest you call your doctor's office and ask about it.  Mine has a person on call 24 hrs.  I think I'd call right away.  You don't want to play around with something like that.
Deb Breneman
HW: 250      SW: 240    RNY 1/25/2010       CW: 119 (22lbs below goal)
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  [email protected] 

Find out details about upcoming WLS Buddy Cruises at
http://www.facebook.com/LifeCandyTravel  

yorkiemom
on 3/16/10 10:32 am - Pittsboro, IN
I have gone back to fulltime at work and was gone on vacation last week. It seems like there is something going on all of ther time. I miss seeing everyone post. Jana
Most Active
Recent Topics