Recent Posts

Spturley
on 9/21/16 5:01 am
VSG on 10/12/16
Topic: RE: Most un-used message board in the USA

Im here! Hoosiers unite! I have a scheduled date and couldn't be happier with my choice! Good luck to all on their WLS journey. I have been in the process since Feb 2016 (although I looked into it a few years ago) my insurance required that I have 6 months of supervised weight loss, while I was not exited for the initial wait, I feel this has really been beneficial in preparing me mentally for this journey. Please dont get discouraged if your surgery isnt immediate. From what I can tell it helps in the long run!

Spturley
on 9/21/16 4:56 am
VSG on 10/12/16
Topic: RE: Community Hospital North

Hi! Welcome! I am currently going through the process at Community Hospital South and they are awesome! This is one of the first times I have ever fully trusted a doctors office 100%. I never have to follow up on things they get it done the first time! I would highly recommend this office!

jessejamesmom
on 9/13/16 8:32 am
Topic: Bridges to Weight Management - Community Health Network

Just wondering if anyone had participated in this program, specifically interested in the non-surgical options, and what that looked like with regards to appointments, time commitments, finance and insurance, etc?  I had GB years ago and have failed miserably at maintaining the initial moderate loss.  I'm not at all looking forward to putting myself through the heart and soul-wrenching process of talking through that failure with yet another group of doctors who've probably never struggled with this a day in their lives, but am not ready to throw in the towel yet and just accept it either.  Sigh.  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

tattitude
on 8/31/16 9:42 pm
Topic: RE: HIP Plus

For the most part, the requirements you will have to meet such as 6 month medically supervised diet program, are required in order for your insurance carrier to cover the surgery.   As far as St. Vincent's Carmel, they go along with whatever your insurance will approve.   They do have some pre-requisites on their side (must attend support groups, psych. evaluation, etc.)

Have you attended an informational seminar?  I would suggest that would be a great place to start.  You may have to call the Bariatric Center or go to their website to find out where and when there will be one in your area.

Ticker 87883

Height:  5' 8"  Initial Consultation:  10/6/2015  HW:  286.5   CW:  277

kaylaleigh123
on 8/30/16 7:32 am - Tennyson, IN
Topic: RE: Healthy Indiana Plan

Hello,

Yes it does cover WLS :) 

I have healthy Indiana Plan Plus, this is my month number 7 I am just awaiting my surgery date :) 

kaylaleigh123
on 8/30/16 7:29 am - Tennyson, IN
Topic: RE: Healthy Indiana Plan

hello, 

i know it covers RNY gastric bypass. I have HIP plus and am awaiting my surgery date. Please contact me if you have any other questions

kaylaleigh123
on 8/30/16 7:08 am - Tennyson, IN
doriankaysibray
on 8/29/16 8:02 am
Topic: HIP Plus

Hello! 

I have just started pursuing bariatric surgery. I've been overweight my whole life, childhood and adulthood. I've tried all the diets and tried all the things to lose weight and it just consistently hasn't worked for me... not unlike many/most of you, I'm sure.

I've seen a few posts of people who didn't have to go through the 6 months of supervised weight loss. I'm wondering if this is a HIP Plus requirement or if it is facility to facility?

Does anyone have any information on that? Do you know if St. Vincent requires it and IU Health does not? 

Thanks so much for taking the time to pass on the information!! Thanks so much!

kaylaleigh123
on 6/15/16 5:19 pm - Tennyson, IN
Topic: RE: Healthy Indiana Plan Plus - Lap Band

Hello, 

im on HIP+ from the evansville indiana area.  I herd from people that the HIP+ covered the gastric bypass only. That is what im going for ive had to do the following so far 6 months documented weight loss monthly visits (Month 6 YAYY), a three-hour full psych eval, lots of homework ... yes real homework, support group (1) i was suppose to loses 2.5% of my weight thats (6lbs) before im approved and 12 before surgury  and also had to get 6 years of my documented weight from all my past doctors. GOOOD LUCK! 

akaChelle
on 6/7/16 12:03 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Chris Evanson/St. V

He did my surgery and i love him..  If he tells you something he means it!  He won't let someone screw up his surgery, he won't operate on you if you have been smoking.  He will tell you to stop and try again in 6 months, not that it happened to me but i believed him and stopped before my surgery in fear that i would get sent home the day of.  They surgery went great and he was wonderful to work with.  I have sent 3 friends to him since I had my procedure.

Most Active
Recent Topics