OT - "Super" Plus Size Clothes Desperately Needed in Joplin, MO

Lisey
on 5/26/11 12:25 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Hi~

I work in Joplin, MO and live about 5 miles south of the city (so I'm okay!), but due to the #F-5 tornado hitting a densely populated area, there's tremendous need for all kinds of things.

There's been a call out for "super" plus size clothes that are desperately needed by a small handful of individuals who are pretty much wearing the same clothes they had on Sunday. 

In general, there's a HUGE amount of clothes that have been donated, but NOT really large-sized clothing pieces.

This one family is obese AND tall - some of the men are in the 7' tall range.  There are 3  men and 1 woman.  They need:

MEN: 
Shirts:  5XTall
Pants:  54" X 38"
             44" x 36"
             34" x 38"
Shoes:  size 13 AND 16

WOMEN: 
Shirts:  4X
Pants: 28 Long if possible
Shoes size 10

There's a local radio "news talk" station that has been taking calls about all manner of things to pair up those who are missing, offer services/ products from businesses, & announce needed services/ items & this was one of them.  The announcers stressed 3 times that this family was in dire need of clothing.  I'm sure they're not the only one, Missouri, I believe, is in the top 5 US states for rates of obesity.

I got the contact information for the family and am going to gather the donations & either drop them off or one of the family members whom I spoke to just now will pick them up.  The family lived in one of the apt buildings that was completely destroyed.  They literally have nothing left.

If you can help, please either reply here or send me a PM and I will send you my personal info.

Thanks, peeps!
Lisa

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6477 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6386 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7838 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6873 views