6 years out still a success

Jane C.
on 1/7/12 1:43 am - Florence, KY
I havent been on here for so long.  I just wanted to pop in to let you new patients know there are patients that have done wonderful. When I started my process in 1995 there wasnt alot of great success stories.  All I heard was those that failed.  It was so frustrating.  So has it been a breeze?  Was it a magic cure?  The answere is no.  I will be 52 years on in April.  I work now with special needs children.  I have a very physical day.  My weight started at 311.  My lowest is 150 which was not good my ideal weight 170 has me in a size 10.  I am currently at 180 so 10lbs is all I would like to lose.  It feels wonderful that I am not looking at 100plus lbs.  I just want to let you all know it is so worth it.  I hate that phrase it's gone for good because in a split second 50 lbs are back on and you have to lose it the same as everyone else .  Good luck and don't ever give up.

ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
Bucketta
on 1/7/12 8:25 am
 So proud of you.  I will be 57n in March and I will be one year out the 24th of this month.  It had not been easy for me, but then nothing worth doing is easy.  I had the lap band in 2008 and it was a joke.  I don't recommend it to anyone, but my RNY has very much been worth every thing that happened and all that I have been through.  Really haven't had any major problems, but since it was not a "virgin" surgery and I don't really think that is to blame, but I am just a plain ole slow loser.  I have lost right at 80 lbs and have about 20 to go to make Dr. Tom's goal, but I would actually like to lose another 40 lbs.  I don't know if I can do it or not.  I am going to see Dr. Tom in March or April and I hope to have those last 20 lbs off by then and then he and I will talk about what is next.  

I pray I am a succss story at 5 years and so proud of you.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Lifebeauty
on 1/7/12 9:08 am
Thanx for dropping in Jane.  Giving up seems good some days but its never really a good idea.  Thanks and congrats on your success.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 119 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati