POSE Weight Loss Surgery

teachertoo
on 8/12/12 12:38 am
Hi, I'm new to this group.  I live in KY and want to know if anyone is interested in the pose surgery done near New Orleans.  This surgery is for someone wanting to lose a mid-range amount  (25-70 lbs.).  It is a relatively new type of surgery in the U.S. and is not covered by insurance...cost is in the $12,000 range. 

I'd like to know if anyone in the area has had this surgery or is interested in it.  I am seriously considering it!

Bucketta
on 8/17/12 6:56 pm
 I have heard of the Rose but not the Pose.  I will have to google it and see what I can learn on it. 

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

teachertoo
on 8/19/12 5:33 pm
POSE is where the doctor goes down the esophagus and puts in some staples to reduce stomach size.  It's in the $12,000 range now and done in Mississippi and Louisiana.  It was done in Europe before here. 

I have about 60 lbs,. to lose and considered lap band, but I think there are too many problems associated with it.  Most do not last over 5 years.  I do not qualify for gastric bypass, so this is a new option for me. 

I will have to save money to do it as I am retired now.  Just wondered if anyone else from KY was interested.

Bucketta
on 9/2/12 4:34 pm
 I am glad you didn't opt for the lapband, although some have no problems, I had to have my removed and revised to RNY.  I don't know your height, weight or health problems, but you may very well qualify for the RNY.  I guess there are insurances out there that say no  to certain types if weight is too low, but I have never heard of them.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/12 1:28 pm - LOUISVILLE, KY
How much weight do you have to lose? The plication is another option where they go in and fold the stomach and suture down,and its about $10,000.Dr.Oldam does it at Baptisteast.You should come to the support group,usually hes there if you want to ask him questions.Its usually the third Thursday of the month,at 6p at Baptisteast.Great group very supportive!
Bucketta
on 9/14/12 10:49 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 122 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1331 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5136 views