New and saying hello!

Tizzles
on 5/5/16 1:19 pm

Hi everyone. Just starting out on my WLS journey and wanted to introduce myself. I am a nursing student in Louisville, KY and I'm looking into the VSG. I have my first seminar tonight at Baptist East and I'm honestly pretty nervous. I'm what I guess most people in the WLS community would call a lightweight, but it sure doesn't feel that way.

My insurance is BCBS of Illinois and I just wanted to let everyone know that per my insurance rep. that I talked to today, BCBS of Illinois no longer requires a 6 month medically supervised weight loss before surgery. Just a letter of medical necessity and a Psych eval before and after surgery.

Anywho, looking forward to reading everyone's stories. Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Lifebeauty
on 6/14/16 4:37 pm

I wish you the best on your journey.  Though I was never a lightweight, to be successful you need to stay focused.  I caused my setback but it doesn't have to happen to you.  Wishing you well.  Also, don't be discouraged if you don't get many replies.  Kentucky Forum has been notoriously slow for years.

Take Care,

Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Bucketta
on 12/23/17 9:33 pm

Hey Lifebeauty, I was bored and came to check and see what is going on. I have gained all but about 30 lbs of my weight back. I cannot get back on track. I will keep trying though. Hope you are doing OK and have a Merry Christmas.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Lifebeauty
on 12/24/17 12:53 pm

Good to hear from you Jacqueline. Unfortunately we are in the same boat except I have gained all my weight less 10 lbs. It is so hard to get and stay on track. Most of my small clothes were given away. I have started back exercising which is a plus. If weight comes off again hopefully I can buy new clothes. My husband has been on Hospice over a year but he is hanging in there, no pain and mobile. Wishing you the best for life and weight loss.

Zo

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 122 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1331 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5136 views