I made it!

Laurie C.
on 7/1/03 9:18 am - Louisville, KY
I am now 6 days post op. I've been home 2 1/2 days. Surgery went without a hitch (except the hospital gave me the wrong time and I was there over 5 hours before I actually had surgery). Surgery was last Wednesday - I didn't really become too coherant until Friday morning. The pain is not bad - I'd have to rate it just a little higher than a c-section. On day 6 the only pain I have is actually getting up from a sitting position or sitting down. I'm not sleeping well, but I'm sure that's coming. I gave myself the shot of Fragmin today. It wasn't hard at all - I didn't know if I"d be able to do it. I'm getting around good today. I'm ready for this phase to be over, though (I know - don't ru**** - take it easy) and that's what I intend to do. I'm ready to get moving again (like going camping). I'm going to start on the treadmill tomorrow - slowly. Thanks for all of the support and prayers. I'm sure I'll still need them in the future.
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/03 10:02 am - GA
Edna J.
on 7/1/03 12:10 pm
Hi, Glad you're home and doing well. I know the first weeks are hard but they do get better. Just wait until you have your first weightloss, that time is Priceless.I suggest you keep a journal and write your feelings and thoughts daily. My journal has helped me so much and I have many answers to other bariatric patients questions. Keep before and after pictures too, you won't believe the difference in the coming months. I wish you the very best on your journey. Susy
odusanya
on 7/2/03 6:06 am - Lexington, KY
Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!! Get up and get moving but remember to take it easy.
bufordslipstick
on 7/2/03 2:31 pm - Louisville, KY
Congrats on your WLS. I'm always glad to hear that someone went thru surgery o.k. Just wondering, what is a Fragmin shot, and who did your WLS. I noriced you are from Lou, like myself. Thanks!!
sails92
on 7/8/03 8:16 pm - Lexington, KY
WELCOME HOME LAURIE ~ CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WLS
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 112 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1324 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5126 views