newby to this msgboard

bufordslipstick
on 7/2/03 3:20 pm - Louisville, KY
Hi all!! I have never been in a chat room and have no desire too. Is this one?? But seriously, I love my AMOS buddies. I have been researching and getting info from this site for quite a while and love the Q & A board on obesityhelp. I also love reading all of the profiles of people on here. I just noticed tonight that Delores Sester lives here in Ky. How Cool!! I have seen a lot of answers you've gave people and can tell that you will be/are a great help in many questions anyone could/can ask. I am 42, married with 2 sons 10 and 12. I have wanted this surgery since in my early 30's, but family talked me out of it. NOT THIS TIME!! I have Aetna insurance, and am sending in a list of all diets I have been on, 5 letters req WLS, and info showing I've had 2 c-pap machines, (one 12 yrs ago-so I've had sleep apnea for over 12 yrs.) Oh!! I'm sending in pictures too. I hope this will be enough info to get me approved. I'm thinking about sending in a letter stating that I've been obese my whole life, but am not sure if this will help that much or not. I do remember weighing 168 in 12th grade, (and it went up from there.) Oh well!! I guess I'm rambling, but just wanted to say that I'm glad we can speak to others that live near. It makes this site seem just so much "more homey" , like Cracker Barrel. LOL!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/03 11:04 pm - GA
Edna J.
on 7/3/03 1:00 am
Welcome to our little homey message board. Don't you just love knowing we have our own state board.I used to use a c-pap machine also but not since 2 months out from my surgery. I hated the mask and the oxygen but I tolerated both for awhile but got off of them and also out of my wheelchair. I have a whole new life now and I thank God each and everyday for this miracle. Soon your date will be here and we will all rejoice with you. Take care and keep us updated as you hear any info. God Bless. Susy
Marissa R.
on 7/6/03 2:48 am - Kentucky, Ky
Hi Rebecca and welcome... I am fairly new at posting also. I've been lurking around being shy for the past few months, but I figured it was time for me to jump in and start talking. I have learned so much from reading posts and looking at profiles and journals from AMOS. And I especially love that KY has it's own message board! It makes me feel at ease to know there are some good ole' Kentuckians here I can get advice and encouragement from.
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 122 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1330 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5136 views