Recent Posts

Erica A.
on 11/13/23 6:25 am - KY
Topic: ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta

I had my SADI performed on November 6, 2023 at ARH Hazard NY Dr. Mehta. I must say from the moment I met him I felt completely at ease. He actually SITS and talks to you. He also LISTENS! and not just one of those yeah yeah yeah kind of listens. He was amazing through the whole process. When it came time for surgery he went over everything thoroughly with me and answered any questions I had. He came by my hospital room multiple times to check on me as well followed up with nursing staff through out the day. He even called before weekend came just to make sure I was progressing ok with no issues. Highly highly recommend him!! ARH often get a overlooked for these kinds of surgeries, but should not be! They were great. I actually had no complaints. And for me that says something lol. I have BCBS tenn. I was approved first submission. I had a sleeve in 2011 but still needed to lose more.

Goal 60% by 6 mths (143lbs) reached at 5.5mths

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

DianaMll
on 2/21/23 12:22 pm
Kathy S.
on 9/8/18 2:04 pm - Lexington, KY
VSG on 02/15/19
Topic: RE: Frustration in finding the best surgeon...
It looks like Dr. Weiss might also offer surgery in Louisville.

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Richard Bach

Kathy S.
on 9/8/18 1:38 pm - Lexington, KY
VSG on 02/15/19
Topic: RE: Frustration in finding the best surgeon...
I can recommend Dr. Derek Weiss in Lexington. He his WLS at Baptist Health Hospital.

At https://www.baptisthealth.com/lexington/Pages/services/bariatric-care.aspx, you can read about the practice and download the new patient packet to complete.

I had lapband surgery with Dr. Weiss in 2006 and am now completing surgery clearance to remove the lapband and have gastric sleeve surgery.

The office staff are wonderful, and the educational element of the program is exceptional.

Best wishes on your decision!

Kathy
cpinckard63
on 8/25/18 11:16 am
Topic: Dr. Ravi Alapati

Has anyone heard of Dr. Ravi Alapati? He is supposed to be doing surgeries in Owensboro now. I'm just wondering if he does revisions.

Lifebeauty
on 12/24/17 12:53 pm
Topic: RE: New and saying hello!

Good to hear from you Jacqueline. Unfortunately we are in the same boat except I have gained all my weight less 10 lbs. It is so hard to get and stay on track. Most of my small clothes were given away. I have started back exercising which is a plus. If weight comes off again hopefully I can buy new clothes. My husband has been on Hospice over a year but he is hanging in there, no pain and mobile. Wishing you the best for life and weight loss.

Zo

Bucketta
on 12/23/17 9:33 pm
Topic: RE: New and saying hello!

Hey Lifebeauty, I was bored and came to check and see what is going on. I have gained all but about 30 lbs of my weight back. I cannot get back on track. I will keep trying though. Hope you are doing OK and have a Merry Christmas.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Bucketta
on 12/23/17 9:28 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for a surgeon for follow-up care and a support group

The KY forum is not very active. When I needed a new surgeon, due to him moving, I had to just call and put in my application to physicians around me. I know that John Oldham at Baptist Health is a good doctor but they use to have a fee to see them, it is one time and I don't remember how much it was back when I went to his group in Lexington. Also, the doctor didn't see you unless there was a major problem, you were seen by a PA. I know that Norton's in Louisville has 3 surgeons but don't know their names or them. Support groups I have no idea about them, I live no where close to Louisville.

Merry Christmas,

Jacqueline

AmyBee
on 12/21/17 11:59 am
Topic: Frustration in finding the best surgeon...

Hey all - wondered if anyone was still active on this forum. I am in between Louisville and Lexington, and looking at having the VSG. I am having some difficulty finding enough information on all the local surgeons to choose one. There just aren't very many reviews on HealthGrades or on Google, on which to base a decision.

I could really go to either Lou or Lex, though Louisville is a bit closer, so I'd love to hear recommendations for either place.

Lifebeauty
on 4/20/17 5:45 am
Topic: RE: Baptist Health Surg WLSC vs Georgetown Bariatrics

Truly understand about life changing obstacles. My husband is under hospice care but doing well. He has stage 5 kidney failure. We are still active Jehovah's Witnesses but he is more limited now.

It is hard to focus on non stress eating while focusing on the care and need for another. Otherwise I am healthy except that with weight gain I now have hypertension, something I've never had before. Always prided myself with not being on meds though overweight. Truly the pride is before the crash. Lol.

On the positive side we have both decided to get more active on sight and in our lives. I try to exercise weekly to get motivated and always feel energized when I eat and exercise more. Wishing the best for you and me in our weight loss and in the life changes we face. Take care and good to hear from you too.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 119 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati