Looking For Support

LyricB
on 7/14/12 9:35 am - Lake Charles, LA
VSG on 08/06/12
Hey All,

I am new to this site, and I really would like to meet some people both post-op and pre-op to take my journey with me. I feel so alone because none of my friends would understand if I told them, and although my mom is paying for my surgery she is not reall supportive. She makes me so upset when she say things like " You beautiful even if your big" ... Im like not if I can't breathe, tie my shoes, exercise, and I hsve to take all these pills.. then there is the " I am big and I am okay" or " You self esteem is so much better when your hair is done. Anywho that is why I would like to meet people who understand my fustration. Anyone out there?? BTW, I am from Lake Charles, La and hope to find friends or support group near and far...:)

Kallie
GrammyTee
on 7/24/12 3:32 am - LA
I would like to encourage you that you are doing the right thing for you. You know that you would feel better about yourself but you feel as if this surgery will give you the needed help. Just remember that you are doing this for the most important reason yourself. You will second guess yourself along the way and alway wonder why I didn't do it sooner. Just remember no matter what you are doing its for better health. Some folks that have never had weight issue will never understand and our family at least most will tend to try and support us even if they really don't understand.  Good luck and always keep the faith. We did not gain all this weight in a day and we sure as heck are not going to lose it in a day but keep with it and remember your goals that you set for yourself. You have to love yourself before anyone else will love you. I will look you up and try and support you along your journey.
Grammy Tee

Most Active