Anyone use Dr Gridley or Redmann for Gastric bypass?

sillysarah8466
on 6/25/16 10:24 am

Hi,

i am still in the early stages because my insurance requires a 3 month program first but thinking if using either Dr Gridley at Ochsner Northshore Slidell or Dr Redmann with southern surgical. Anyone have any experience with either? I'm going to do the gastric bypass because I have SEVERE GERD and could never imagine it getting worse lol. 

Susan_1
on 7/9/16 5:18 pm - Covington, LA

I am using Dr Gridley & will have the sleeve done on 7/18/2016

Susan_1
on 7/30/16 2:02 pm - Covington, LA

I used Dr Gridley and had my surgery on July 18,2016. I had the sleeve. I really like Dr gridley and he staff they are all very personable & Dr Gridley is very knowledgeable .Good luck to you :)

Susan_1
on 7/30/16 2:04 pm - Covington, LA

I used Dr Gridley and had my surgery on July 18,2016. I had the sleeve. I really like Dr gridley and he staff they are all very personable & Dr Gridley is very knowledgeable .Good luck to you :)

bellcarla12
on 6/3/17 2:27 pm - baton rouge, la

DOES DR GRIDLEY EXCEPT MEDICAID?

Susan_1
on 6/16/19 11:20 pm - Covington, LA

Yes I did and I really liked him.

That was 3 yrs ago when I got the sleeve.

i lost about 70 lbs & have kept it off. I just wasn't able to exercise.

I now have hiatal hernia & he'll be repairing it for me next month.

I am very blessed with my results. However one of the side effects of the sleeve is a slim possibility of developing GERD & or a hiatal hernia.

I thought Dr Gridley was a very caring dr for his patience & always explained everything in detail. He also never made me feel like he was as just too busy to care for his patients health. It's hard to find a dr lol me that imo.

Back then he took Medicaid but I don't know if he still does There ate a few Bariatric drs at the new medical clinic across from Fairview it's called AVA....

Susan_1
on 6/16/19 11:23 pm - Covington, LA

https://www.avala.com/services/bariatric-general/

TRY THIS PLACE. THE WEBSITE SAYZ THEY DO TAKE Medicaid. Good luck ?ð?'? t

nursebren
on 9/3/19 6:32 am

Hi I see you have hernia I possibly have one myself. I has sleeve over 7 years ago. Can u tell me are you having symptoms of hiatal hernia and what are they?how does hernia affect sleeve and weight loss

Susan_1
on 9/3/19 9:43 pm - Covington, LA
On September 3, 2019 at 1:32 PM Pacific Time, nursebren wrote:

Hi I see you have hernia I possibly have one myself. I has sleeve over 7 years ago. Can u tell me are you having symptoms of hiatal hernia and what are they?how does hernia affect sleeve and weight loss

Dr GRIDLEY repaired it on 7/19/2019.

I was having trouble swallowing. Like I could literally feel the food passing down into my stomach.

Come find out the hernia had strangled off above 1/3 of my sleeve.

The symptoms I had were from both GERD & the hernia. I had trouble swallowing. Like French fry would get stuck & take forever to go down. Meat, any kind was also difficult to swallow. It wasn't agonizing pain but you'd notice when you that something didn't feel right. I also had a lot of nausea for no reason as well.

i wish you well. If you think you may have one go get checked soon ok

nursebren
on 9/4/19 1:13 pm

THANKYOU I will get checked and glad you doing well. I want to find out about a resleeve do you have any info about it?

brenda Guarneri

Most Active