Running Out of Options Medicaid

cmart136
on 5/8/17 6:17 pm

Bariatric Surgery is covered by medicaid, yet only 5 people in Louisiana take it!! Two of them no longer DO bariatric surgery, Dr. Dominguez stopped accepting Medicaid patients shortly after I finished my last visit....Dr. Perez in Thibodeaux basically only accepts Thibodeaux patients. The receptionist told me I would need to re-do everything there plus get an endoscopy done. Finally, Dr. Ducoin has a LONG waiting list available but no idea when he will be available.

Does anyone know any cheap self pay doctors with payment plans? This is my absolute last resort because I don't have cash like that.

bellcarla12
on 6/3/17 2:24 pm - baton rouge, la

I had went through the process of everything and all paperwork and everything was sent over to DR DOMINGUEZ AND THEY CALL ME A FEW WEEKS LATER AND SAID THEY COULD NO LONGER SEE ME AS A PATIENT I WAS SO DEPRESSED AND STILL SEARCHING THIS IS SO HARD LOOKING AND SEARCHING FOR A DR PLS IF YOU GET ANY INFO LET ME KNO THANKS!!

Leslie C.
on 6/3/17 6:34 pm - Kenner, LA

I work at Tulane and had my surgery with Dr. Ducoin. If you want to cut the time on the waiting list go to the support group. Those that are attend the support group are moved up faster than those that do not. It is the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 at the downtown campus. Good Luck!

a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW210/GW160 5' 8"

cmart136
on 6/3/17 7:16 pm

Will he accept me if I'm outside the New Orleans area? And does that mean the next one is the 14th?

Leslie C.
on 6/4/17 6:04 am, edited 6/3/17 11:05 pm - Kenner, LA

Yes and yes. The next information seminar is June 6th. You can meet him there. The support group is the 14th. You will meet his program coordinator, Pam and the Dietition, Kristin and probably me. Good luck!

a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW210/GW160 5' 8"

cmart136
on 6/4/17 11:26 am

Wait, do I need to call to be placed on the list? Or can I go to a meeting (I don't know if I can make both) and talk about it there.

cmart136
on 6/4/17 11:29 am

And can you PM me the address of the downtown location?

cmart136
on 9/5/17 10:09 am

Please check your PMs! I finally heard from the office but I'm not sure what's going on. I'm being told to wait again.

kwalker318
on 6/24/17 10:51 pm - Tallulah, LA

What can be done if you live far away?

bellcarla12
on 9/1/17 10:38 pm - baton rouge, la

thank you just recently seen this message !!

Most Active