"New" tools to help loose weight

MrsRichardson
on 1/10/11 6:01 am - CA
So I got an iTouch for Christmas. I just found out they have some really cool apps that Im using. The first is waterlogged. With it I track how much water I have drank in the day. The other is Lose It!, with it I track what I have eaten in the day. And Fooducate, I can type in the barcode on food in the grocery store and it will bring up info on that item. It also rates food on an A,B,C,D,F scale as to how good it is for you. And SparkRecipes, it has good healthy recipes on it to help you on the fly. If you want to know more about one of them I can go into more detail, but I just wanted to share I really like having this tool, in fact if you dont have one I recommend buying one just to be able to use it for this. Of course it is still an ipod and you can use it for games and music on top of the cool fitness, food advice, and food/water tracking apps.

If you are the kind of person that likes to write down the stuff you eat/drink/exercise in the day, you would really like having this.

Also does anyone else have an iphone, ipad, ipod, itouch, ianything....that they use apps on like this, I am looking for any apps that I might be able to use like this???

aliviasmomy
on 1/10/11 7:21 am - Topeka, KS
 This sounds SO cool.  Wish I had a phone that would do that kind of stuff.... someday....
5'6"
Highest Weight (Jan/09) 252 -- Surgery date(4/24/09) 239 -- Current  202 -- Goal 150.  Had a baby October 6th, 2010.

L B.
on 1/10/11 8:43 am
On the app Foodecate what kind of info. will it tell you? Is it not the same info on the food label? Thanks=)
MrsRichardson
on 1/10/11 9:17 am - CA
I am using an iTouch which is a type of ipod, its not on my phone. New they start at about $200, used you could get them for way less. If you would be looking for some sort of tool this is great. And you can use it for so much. Id also like to point out the apps that I got were all free, I refused to pay for something like that, when there are so many free great other apps, like the ones I found.

And the Fooducate....I will scan something and tell you what it says.

Emerald 100 calorie pack Walnuts and Almonds
The first thing that comes up it says "A", and it tells you how many calories in a serving which would be 100 since they are in little packs. It goes on to say "Natural is an unregulated term!" since the package says natural on the outside, then it goes on to say more about how the word Natural doesnt actually mean anything since the food and drug guys dont actually recongize ti when it comes to food.

Another example is

Jell-O grape (in the box, that you have to make)

calories 80, grade c-
5tsp of sugars, mostly added
contains controversial artificial colors

Then when I click on it, it goes in to give me more infomation over why the sugar is added and why the colors are controversial.

I like it, today is the first time I have used it fully, all day, and added everything. Its really handy. Since I use to write everything down this is great. It adds everything up for me and even gives me smily faces if I did good. I guess Im a sucker for a happy face.

Andrea H.
on 1/10/11 10:44 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13
 Thanks for the info.  I just downloaded Lose It to my iPhone.  

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

KarrieMassotti
on 1/10/11 12:59 pm - Kent, WA
 I also use SparkPeople, SparkRecipies,  and Lose it.

I also like Itreadmill.  It is a pedometer program that tracks by steps, distance or calories and keeps track so you can see day to day progress 
Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

Donna226
on 1/10/11 5:22 pm
I wear a Body Media Go Wear Fit. It tracks my activity levels, steps, calories burned and
even sleep. I then add in my food intake and it gives me a breakdown on what's taken in,
what's burned up, how restful my sleep is and if I'm on a weightloss trend or not. I LOVE IT!
Kinda sucks wearing it on your arm all the time but I don't care, it's a tool that helps me
stay on track.

Most Active