liquid diet

LONGLIFE
on 1/10/11 8:39 pm - BROOKLYN, NY
what is the best brand broth to get? also is apple sauce ok to eat?
Tiff tells all
on 1/10/11 10:54 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
this is completely dependent on your MD and their instructions. These were mine.

When I was on the liquid phase pre-op I was allowed liquids- fat free, sugar free, red food dye free. Af far as broths go, I tried a little of everything. The thing that kept me sane was the won-ton soup from a local chinese restraurant. Hold the won-ton's were my instructions. They gave me a huge tub for just a couple dollars LOL!!! They were laughing at me by my 4th return trip.

Pre-op I had lots of crystal lite. Lemon and orange jello, fudgesicles.
I also made a lot of soup that I strained. Tom Kha, Tom Yum, Miso, Wont-ton.

I was allowed no sugar added applesauce (Tree Top) after surgery but not before.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

JoMixx
on 1/11/11 12:42 am - West Yarmouth, MA

Swanson fat free and low sodium has the best Chicken broth!  It tastes like they roasted the chicken first.  I wasn't allowed applesauce, if in doubt, call the doctors office!

Congrats on your surgery!

Joni

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
kathkeb
on 1/11/11 2:06 am
Check with your doctor.

When I was on clear liquids (post op for 3 days), I preferred the taste of Campbell'sChicken Noodle soup -- strained.

It is just a more comforting, more familiar taste to me than chicken broth.

I was not allowed applesauce until I was on 'full liquids' -- and then it was unsweetened
Kath

NCB1997
on 1/11/11 2:17 am
I used low sodium boullion cubes and added spices. Italian seasoning, or garlic powder. Just to change the taste. To get my protien I used unjury chicken. Just add it when your broth is on the warm side and not hot. It will clump up. I wasn't allowed apples sauce before surgery. I also made frequent trips to the local chinese restaurant. The broth is very good, but had to strain the noodles. I had 21 days of liquids pre-op and 2 weeks post op.
Best Wishes to You!
Nancy B.    
Most Active