Weight gain

svfos
on 1/11/11 10:52 pm - Garland, TX
Please help... I am 4 weeks post op and I have consistently lost weight until now.  I have gained 5lbs this week and I am freaking out.  I have started eating "real" food and my current weight is really bothering me.  Is this normal or am I starting back to my old life?

steelerfan1
on 1/11/11 10:56 pm
you are totally normal :o)  I gained 6 that week and it took about two weeks for me to lose it again.

Once your body adjusts back to normal foods you will lose it :o)

I have been stuck at 319 for two weeks now *sigh* . Dang period is messing me all up right now.  I can tell I'm getting ready to start and I'm not losing no weight I'm jumping from not losing to gaining 6 pounds lol

Cant wait till I start and see the drop on the scale gosh .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Butterfly618
on 1/12/11 12:15 am - NJ
Your just starting out.  Don't worry.  I find that from breakfast to lunch I can gain 3lbs.  Don't weight yourself so much.  Once or twice a week.  Good luck to you

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

spuddzy
on 1/12/11 5:06 am - NY
The same thing happaned to me..Today is 4 wks post op...when I started eating I stopped losing. I ganed 2 lbs. scared me to death. Now I measure everything and try not to over eat cause I feel hungrey more than before..Last week I had a probel with pain and doc took out whatever fluid was in the port. He said it was only about 1cc. but the pain left..I guess it was too restricted. I experience alot of bloat and end of day I have to take stool softners and the gas leaves my system...I have apt. 25th to start whole foods and maybe get filled..It's kind of scarey cause you don't know what to expect... Get a notebook and keep a journal of everything you eat it really helps me stay intact....Good luck

spuddzy

svfos
on 1/12/11 5:16 am - Garland, TX

I am still able to fit in my clothes that I was in before the 5lb weight gain.  I've been eating a lot of fish trying to take in 75g of protein per day.  Also, I have been eating egg whites, cheese, and drinking my shakes. I am eating about 6 oz of food per meal, 3 meals a day.  I have my first fill appt on the 19th of January.  My goal is to be under 200 before the 24th which is my 26 birthday, and as I see my weight going up, my goal gets further and further away, and that really scares me.

Thanks for the support, this site and all of the wonderful people on it really help!

OCMomma
on 1/12/11 10:05 am, edited 1/12/11 10:06 am
NORMAL.. I am right there with you.  I haven't had a first fill yet and I told my doc I don't feel much restriction now.  He said cause my band is empty and now its just healing.  He told me I might even gain until I get that first fill, everyone is different.   I can't wait till Feb. 2nd when I get it.  

Hang tough.  I freaked out also. :)  WOW see.. you have lost more then me already and we had about the same date of surgery!!!  Your doing great.

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

pitablond
on 1/12/11 1:29 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Take a look at the kind of "real foods" your eating and see if your taking in a lot of sodium, carbs, etc. Could it be water retention, menstrual cycle? Most likely it's just your body adjusting and you will drop those 5lbs in the next few days!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

jaxmom
on 1/12/11 2:45 pm
hi. just came back to the boards in an effort to recommit. i want the next two months (when i get to my 1 year surgiversary) to be something i am truly proid of. Anyway, just wanted to say that your posts brought me back. it happens to a lot of us and it happened to me. your body is just adjusting. don't focus on your numbers right now- just stick to the rules and you WILL succeed. Best of luck to you
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Most Active