My diagnosis was correct.

Hislady
on 1/13/11 5:57 am - Vancouver, WA
Well saw my PCP this AM and my diagnosis of gall bladder was right, so I'm waiting for the nurse to call with appts. for an ultra sound and to see the surgeon. Looks like it's back to the OR for me. How long did you spend in the hospital with your GB removal? Thanks for all the responses and good wishes.
psychomom
on 1/13/11 6:00 am - China Grove, NC
I spent one night in the hospital . Might be out pt now though. That was like 12 yrs ago.

Nic M
on 1/13/11 6:01 am
Aww, shucks. Sorry to hear it. I suppose it's better to have a diagnosis than to be an X File, though! 

You'll feel better in no time after you get it out. It'll be a relief, right?!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 6:07 am
I had my gallbladder out 3 weeks before my band went it. Of all my surgeries it was the quickest to recover from.

Good luck, you'll do great!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Shaesnana
on 1/13/11 6:24 am - Davenport, FL
Just an overnighter for me too, but then again, medicare requires overnights for everything.
An easy surgery to recover from.  You'll be fine and I wish you the best.

Lynn C
on 1/13/11 6:32 am
Sorry, didn't even answer the question. Mine was scheduled as outpatient but due to a complication with the surgery right before mine we got into the OR late and I had to stay the night.

Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 7:19 am
so sorry about this :o(  My friends husband had his taken out a couple months ago. He was in and out the same day.  Its a very easy surgery

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

grannymedic1
on 1/13/11 7:35 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
My hubbie had his done several years ago and was in and out the same day. He has medicare. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I'll be praying for you.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

TamaraL
on 1/13/11 7:58 am
Mine was outpatient.  I had my gallbladder out 3 months after lap band.   I had ejection fraction of 9%.  Was out of work for 2 weeks.

Tamara

adorkbl
on 1/13/11 8:48 am, edited 1/13/11 8:50 am
Bummer... but GOOD RIDDANCE! lol.

I had my gallbaldder removed 7 months post banding. (08/28/08). It was lap... out patient... I was home the same afternoon.

I did find my gallbladder recovery to be more painful than the lap band. With the lap band I didn't take pain meds at all. I was however "laid up" for 3 days on my couch under the influence of some wonderful pain meds after my gallbladder surgery.

Best of luck! I was NEVER so happy to have surgery as I was to get rid of my pesky gallbladder.

EDITED TO ADD: I went back to work after 1 week.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Most Active