making improvements

FrootLoop
on 1/12/11 6:15 pm - Omaha, NE
So I had a consult the other day @ a plastic surgeons for a breat lift, tummy tuck and it got me wondering, at what point do most people consider plastic surgery? I have been at a stable weight for 2 months and would like to lose 10-20 more lbs but I dont think that amount would greatly affect the outcome. Any ideas??

vpurplej
on 1/12/11 9:02 pm - Gray, GA
You might lose that much weight through the plastic surgery.  I know I would from all of that extra skin and fat.

v

kathkeb
on 1/13/11 12:09 am
I had a breast lift and brachioplasty at about 10 pounds above my Weigh****chers goal weight.

The 3 Plastic surgeons I met with all agreed that those 10 pounds were not going to come from my arms or breasts.

I lost about 2 pounds from that surgery.

Now, I am at (below) my goal weight -- want to lose about 10 more pounds for a nice cushion.
I am saving for an extended tummy tuck.

I am thinking about the TT in November of this year for a few reasons.
1.  I will be 11 months at or below goal weight
2.  I am training to hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (and back up!!) in October and don't want to be healing during any of that time
3.  I should have enough money saved

My surgeon says that if it is medically necessary to have PS before you have maintained goal for several months, you may have to re-do some aspects later on.

If you can only afford to pay once, you should probably wait until your weight has been stable for 6 - 18 months.
Kath

Most Active