Wednesday: B*tch ahoy!

Bette B.
on 3/23/11 12:10 am
 ***** myspace orkut comments'

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES:

"B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name) and  
ABSOLUTELY NO SURGERY WARS!

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Adult content ahead! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. I know that MINE will. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

Let's jump right in, with both feet!

- Dear Mother Nature:

Are you ******G KIDDING me? - Fun - Sticker 
Snow? Really? We get it. You're in charge. You win. Now stop it, you *****

- Dear obnoxious, lingering cold: I get it. You win. Now clear out of my sinuses, throat and chest and go annoy someone else or I'll be forced to start charging you rent.

- If you're going to spend time creating graphics to share with people, perhaps you should bone up on your spelling skills:
motto

I may come back for more *****ing, but right now I just don't have the strength. So . . . YOUR TURN!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Stephanie M.
on 3/23/11 1:09 am
ppl who post in txt cuz they r 2 lazy 2 rite stuff out & cant spell!

Troll accounts that seem to be popping up to post that ppl r having problems with their band...

That's about it for this week...it is supposed to be almost 60 here today and sunny!  Very exciting!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Nic M
on 3/23/11 1:22 am
OK, this is a big one... and it's gonna make me seem really super depressive, but...

This past Sunday, an ex-soldier in my town (not too far from where I live, even) started shooting a high powered assault rifle at people. SWAT teams were called in, cops from neighboring cities, etc.

One officer, age 28, was killed from a gunshot to his chest. Another officer was shot and remains in critical condition... and his K9, Grendal, was also shot and had to undergo surgery.

The shooter (age 30) killed himself.

I know this kind of thing happens every day in the world, but for some reason, I never expected to hear of this happening in my smallish town. It's really had an impact on everyone here. My son frequently walks through the area where this all went down and he was just totally taken aback by the whole thing. 

I have mixed feelings... part of me wants to blame the fact that the shooter was a soldier and serves in Iraq. And then part of me thinks, "Well, if you were able to serve our country, why couldn't you find help before taking the lives of innocent people?"   Post Traumatic Stress Disorder... still, doesn't give a person license to start shooting innocent civilians in the street, in my opinion.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Bette B.
on 3/23/11 3:57 am
 There have been a lot of articles in the NY Times lately about how soldiers who would have died in previous wars are surviving this one, coming home, and being unable to get sufficient - sometimes not able to get ANY - help with the mental issues they have been left with. It's pathetic how our military wants to take these men and women and just dump them when they come home with a "man up" brush off.

PameW
on 3/23/11 6:01 am
My nephew has severe PTSD, but leads a normal life. When he first returned home it was difficult and he waited for 18 months before he would even be seen at the VA hospital. And once seen, even though his injuries (back issues from defective flax jacket armor) and PTSD are documented, he was told that there were soldiers with injuries far more severe than him and that he would be waiting another 18 months to be given care for either of these things! They are the forgotten ones! We are rolling out the red carpet for those soldiers who have lost limbs, but forgotten those soldiers that are terrorized with the memories of that same soldier and his friends being killed or maimed around them. And to make it worse, these are boys we sent to Iraq and Afghanistan! 18-19 & 20 year olds and we expect them to come home and lead a normal life after what they have endured. Shame on us!

I feel for your city! What a horribly traumatic event! But I feel for that soldier too! I can't even begin to imagine what was going thru his head to cause him to go off like that! I pray your town heals quickly!
Nic M
on 3/23/11 6:16 am
The guy was well known by police officials. He had a long track record of domestic abuse and violence. 

I grew up with a father who survived the Vietnam War and had PTSD. He suffered silently, for the most part. It wasn't as well known back in the 70s... you just had to suck it up and get through life.  Looking back NOW, I see all the signposts that point toward severe PTSD... back THEN, I just thought he had a horrible temper and a lot of anger.

Even though this guy  who shot the police officer was a soldier, I think he might have been one of those people who enlisted because he liked violence. This is the impression I get. I did have sympathy for him, but I have more sympathy for the poor, dead police officer and the one lying in the hospital right now, for sure. The SWAT team managed to remove a young lady from the property where the shooting was taking place. I believe it started when the police showed up to investigate an allegation of a sexual assault taking place. I know it all started around 6 am... the guy said he was going to start shooting people... and he did. A passerby was walking and she said she ran for cover and couldn't believe that someone was actually shooting at her! 

Thank you for the prayers. It's really difficult to see how hard everyone's taking it. People are all connected closely here... it seems that everyone knows everyone else... and it's difficult to process, I think.

They had a very touching processional down Main St today... people standing on the sidewalks with flags to honor his memory.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Karebear79
on 3/23/11 1:22 am
Oh! I am so there with you on incorrect spelling! It's not cool. It's stupid! And really, how much longer does it take to just spell out the words??? Not much.

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
Bette B.
on 3/23/11 3:58 am
 Hell, Karen! How much time does it take to use SPELL CHECK? 

eclectikat
on 3/23/11 2:13 am - Canada
damn deer.... bambi aint so cute in my books.... like all I needed right now was to total my gd van... i have huge payyments for this surgery which I (only sort of) regret having... ironic that I am going to be so broke I will lose weight for not having enough money to pay for groceries and the biggest debt I have is for the surgery to lose weight... F(*^ing deer....

SOrry bambi! I didn't mean to kill you.
Wendybrum
on 3/23/11 2:54 am - Oceanside, NY
 SNOW
NEED I SAY MORE
WENDY

Most Active