How do you get over the constant need to feed?????

Mel is losing it
on 4/6/11 6:37 am - Lakeport, CA
I do believe that I am a food addict and a serious emotional eater. Even when I have good restriction and satiety with my band, I still have this underlying need/desire to constantly have something going into my mouth! Whether food or drink, I feel like something is wrong if I'm not filling myself up.  Anyone have any tips or ways to help me breakthrough this bad bad habit?

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

PameW
on 4/6/11 7:10 am
I suggest you read "The End of Overeating" by David Kessler. Great book! Might I also suggest possibly an appointment with a cognitive therapist that specializes in eating disorders. It has helped me tremendously. It is actually my therapist that recommended the book to me.
Mel is losing it
on 4/6/11 8:02 am - Lakeport, CA

Thank you Pam for the recommendations.  I will have to do some research to find a specialized therapist, I live in a rural area so I might need to travel, but I think it would be well worth it! Thanks again! :D

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

Jo N.
on 4/6/11 7:33 am - Crawfordsville, IN
I have had that problem. I read "When Food Is Love" by Geneen Roth. I also did her workbook "Why Weight? A Guide To Ending Compulsive Eating". She also has other books, audio books, & she does work shops. She used to be severly obese so her motivation come from a really sincere place. Out of all the self help books I've read ..... her's have helped me the most. I've recommended her 1st book to several other banders on this forum. She has a wonderful website of her own wwww.geneenroth.com and you can pre-read short parts of any of her books on amazon.com.
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

Mel is losing it
on 4/6/11 8:01 am - Lakeport, CA
Thank you Jo, I appreciate it! I think I saw her on Oprah once, I will definitely look into her books!

Wendybrum
on 4/6/11 9:57 am - Oceanside, NY
 Geenen Roth has a few different books. Go to a book store or go on line and sit for a while a pick one or all.
Wendy

TigerDi
on 4/6/11 2:07 pm - Cloquet, MN
Hi Melissa,
Just want to let you know that I send you a message.
TigerDi                
Laurena
on 4/7/11 4:06 am - Louisville, KY
Hi..I know what you are going thru,I got the same problem I am a compulsive  over eater even with the band.I have no problems with the band yet,but I am scared of the future what it will do to me.I am loosing weight slow because of it.  Had my second fill yesterday.All together now I have 5cc in a 14 cc band and not much of restriction yet.Hopefully  some restriction will kick in the next 2 weeks.Only lost 13 lb since surgery.
 Good luck to you!
Most Active