Empty but felt stuck?

Hislady
on 4/8/11 2:50 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well I've been empty since Mon. (by my own choice) and I swear I felt stuck tonite on a piece of chicken sausage. I still get that "if you eat one more bite you're gonna hurl" feeling. Just seems strange, like I still have restriction just from the band being there, don't get me wrong I'm glad! I hope it stays that way but I guess I just expected to be able to eat bigger portions and I can't, not that I'm heaping my plate up but I still can only eat a few bites of food. The greatest thing is I can eat toast now, loves me toast with my morning egg. Anyway not complaining just curious if any other folks that are empty have the same feeling. Thanks for any input.
Kate -True Brit
on 4/8/11 5:07 pm - UK

Hislady, Iam one of the very lucky ones who got some restriction just from my band. Not a lot - i needed that first fill. But without any doubt, that first 6 weeks when I had no saline in the band, i was aware that there was something there. Even though i was not on regular foods.

Then when I went on to "real" foods I had my first and only really stuck epsiode. I ate some grilled salmon and my band was very definitely there!! With a vengeance. I didn't really get pain but I Pbed at intervals for about an hour!! Totally due to my not having learned how well to chew!

Sounds like this might be good for you! Finally!!!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

steelerfan1
on 4/8/11 10:45 pm
Hislady,

I have  nothing in my band and if I overeat or if I eat to fast it reminds me very quickly.  Even though I dont have no saline in me I cant eat bigger portions maybe just a touch more like a 1/2 cup more on some days not all days .

I can get stuck also I was in a hurry last weekend , I was painting the inside of my house and had to run out and get something.  Well , my stomach started to growl and I realized it has been 18 hrs since I last ate. Grabbed the fastest  thing laying around which was leftover pizza from my sons sleepover ate way to big of a bite didn't chew and got sick .  There was my reminder lol.

So even though you dont have saline in you that band will remind you if you do something wrong :o)   And that is all you probably need is just a reminder

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Yelena K.
on 4/9/11 12:07 am - Plymouth, MN
I haven't really experienced that... but I do get the "if I eat one more bite" feeling... unfortunately I often don't listen to it and STILL eat. Big no-no.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

D. Scott
on 4/9/11 12:57 am
RNY with
When I first had my band unfilled I think I was brain "stuck" more than anything. Meaning I never got uncomfortable from eating anything, but I just felt weird eating foods that previously would have made me uncomfortable like bread. Kinda like operant condtioning, I think we have been conditioned from the consequence our bands used to give us. Also for the first month or so I could eat very little and be very satisfied, I think it was because my stomach has to have shrunk over the time I had my band and my head hunger is still at bay from the lap band habits. I havent had restriction for over two months and can now eat a little more than at first and havbe gotten my hunger back in full forse but I still avoid the foods that were band unfriendly because I just really stopped desiring them. 

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

debbie H.
on 4/9/11 1:01 am - AR
I don't get the "hurl" feeling, but I "feel" 80% of what goes down.  And of that 80%, 50%  is uncomfortable, and some of that hurts.  Breakfast is my only easy meal.  Usually 2 sb eggs and 1 turkey bacon or turkey sausage.  Then I get tighter as the day goes on.  Yes, I do plan to tell my doc on Mon.  They have been on vaca. for 2 weeks.  Am I scared of an unfill...yes, but will do what doc says, as I really trust them.

Hislady
on 4/9/11 12:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
Thanks for all the input, guess I should just ride the wave and go with the flow. I hope my tummy stays where it is and I can enjoy a piece of toast now and again. I'll just keep on keepin' on.
Most Active