Checking in with a question...

PaintingChef
on 6/7/11 3:05 am - TN
Hey strangers!  I've been kind of a passive board member lately, not much to say, just trucking along and watching the scale slowly go down and loving my band.

So.  Question.  In general, all is good but yesterday was kind of an odd day and I just wanted to pop my head in and see if anyone else ever deals with this.  I have no compaints.  I recognize the signs my band gives me, I eat plenty of protein and I stay full almost all the time.  And then a day like yesterday happens where I CANNOT feel full.  I was kind of beating myself up until I went back at the end of the day and really looked at my food diary and I was only like 300 calories over my normal level but I just felt hungry all day.  I FELT like I was snacking all day. 

But today?  I'm totally back to normal.  I had my yogurt for breakfast at around 8:30 and here it is 1:00 in the afternoon and I'm just now beginning to think about being hungry for lunch.  Does anyone else ever have a day like that?  Where you feel like your band just isn't there one day and then the next things are completely back to band-normal?  I just thought it was kind of strange...
My blog:  PaintingChef

Virginia H.
on 6/7/11 3:20 am - forked river, NJ
 I went for a fill today. Always around  my period, I'm starving! But my band gets tight and hard to eat.
 I eat my big meal at lunchtime.  I don't eat breakfast, just can't. Eat small dinners. I do have to be careful with after dinner snacking. That's hard for me. Good luck.

steelerfan1
on 6/7/11 3:30 am
Im like Virginia and what she goes through when its her period time. Im that way right now.  Nothing is keeping me full , and nothing I eat is keeping me statisfied where any other day I dont even think about eating again .

I go through this for a entire week once a month *sigh*.   It's like I just want to munch all day long and I feel like I have ate all day long because Im not use to eating like that anymore.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

PaintingChef
on 6/7/11 3:43 am - TN
My first thought was that yes, maybe it did relate to my monthly cycle.  But my period ended about 10 days ago and the hunger was only for one day.  It was SO bizarre.  I've only had one small fill since getting my band in January and all day yesterday I was thinking to myself that obviously it was time for me to have a fill if I was snacking like that but since things are back to normal today, I'm just going to call it a blip and see if anything else happens.

I had my usual lunch of some cheese cubes and turkey slices and only got through about half of it, per normal.  I guess things are fine, just wondering if anyone else ever had a random day like that.

Thanks!
My blog:  PaintingChef

shellqueen
on 6/7/11 6:39 am - New Brighton, MN
Believe it or not there are other factors that can influence your band. Salt intake for one. Another one I find and this may sound weird is weather especially a change in barometric pressure which can trigger a mingraine for me. Now, sometimes with this kind of migraine I'm so nauseous I don't want to even drink water. Other times its the kind where I feel like I want to carbs to settle my stomach. Now today, in MN its 100 degrees and I actually feel like my band is a bit tight. Just a thought K
debbie H.
on 6/7/11 7:16 am - AR
I also got my band in January.  Sometimes I feel like I'm all over the place with my band.  Started out tighter at night, which is diff from most people.  I loved it because night munchies is a monkey on my back, which I know is mostly head hunger.  Now I seem to be tighter at lunch time.  And last week, it was like you said, "Where did my band go?" Then I stayed out in the heat and humidity on Sat. and it seemed to tighten back up...till last night, and night munchies reared their ugly head AGAIN.  Today, normal...but worried about tonight.  So I totally get what you are saying.

kathkeb
on 6/7/11 8:19 am
I had those days ----- I had them before surgery, too.

There were days when I felt like I could 'eat the paint off the walls' --- I think it is pretty normal especially right before my period would start

If it starts to happen more frequently, you might want to take a look at the foods you have been eating 2 or 3 days before the 'hungry' day-- maybe you have been a bit 'carb-heavy' - and that has set you up for some cravings.
Kath

Most Active