16 months lost

Kidplay2009
on 7/22/11 6:53 am
 I had some issues on Sunday, vomiting back up my lunch, thought it was the squash did not think anything about it stayed on liquids for 24 hours. On Monday while I was eating lunch I took 2 bites and knew something was not right. I vomited for about 3 hours. I called my Dr. who told me to come in, so I did she did a complete removal of all my fluid, 6.2 all gone, the fear was I had a piece of food stuck or my band had slipped. I was to do liquids that day and call them back the next day, I did this I was put on Acid medication and told to stay on liquids for 24 more hours and then go to soft foods, call them back on Monday and if I continue to have issue they will do an EDG. I have moved to soft foods and have not had any issues with the food coming back up, I continue to have reflux most of the day. So hear we are, probably headed to an EDG next week, the part that makes me the most upset is that our insurance no longer covers any  type of fills or surgery so what ever the do next week will be out of pocket, and any future fills( if we get to that point again) will be out of pocket.

grannymedic1
on 7/22/11 8:30 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I am so sorry you are going through all this. ((((()))))) I can understand your fear of the self pay thing, but you might find that your insurance company will cover the edg since it is a diagnostic proceedure. As for fills, I would allow plenty of time for everything to calm down and any infflamation from this heal before you have another fill. I had most of my fluid removed Dec. 31, (left with 2cc) and they wanted me to give it a couple of months to heal. We left to go to our son's in Mississippi late Jan. and honestly I didn't feel the need for another fill until the first of April. Sometimes I ate poorly but that was a mental thing more than a hunger thing. I never have gotten all the fluid back and don't need it. I am sitting at 3.5 cc now and feel about right.

You do not have to gain weight because of an unfill. It is much harder, of course, but think of it like you were between surgery and your optimal restriction. It is just you on a diet. Just modify your eating plan to allow for snacks if needed. You can do it. I hope you don't have to and everything work out easily, but if you have to wait don't use it as an excuse.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Dev *.
on 7/23/11 3:39 am - Austin, TX
 I had good luck getting upper GI and endoscopy covered by my insurance (that wouldn't cover WLS) when my docs office said it was for "dysphagia."

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active