Felt great for a couple months and now I feel tight.

jkern86
on 8/20/11 12:26 pm
Ok I had a small fill two months ago. I felt great. The weight was coming off good. I am down 92lbs. I went in to the Dr. she said I was doing great so I didn't get another fill. She said she wanted to see how much I loose on my own. Well like I said I was doing good until this week I started to feel tight. I can't eat much at all. I can't drink much either. What is the deal. I was doing good and now I'm tight. Has this happened to anyone else? If so please help calm my fears.

Thank you,

Jessica

Lisaizme
on 8/20/11 2:33 pm - TX
If you're having difficulty getting fluids down, you need to call your surgeon and get in for an unfill.

Until then, try sipping on something warm (tea, coffee, broth, ho****er with lemon are some ideas).  Warmth often will relax the band enough to let things pass through.

If you get to the point where you cant get fluids down at all.. you will probably need to go to the ER.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

carriesb
on 8/20/11 4:04 pm
I have had times where I'm tighter than others. But if you can't get fluid down I agree you need to see your surgeon.
BuckeyeGirl
on 8/20/11 9:27 pm - TN
Yes, this happened to me all the time when I had my band. I experienced random tightening frequently.

Call your surgeon and get in as soon as possible for an unfill. Liquids should never be hard to get down.

Best of luck,
Lindsey

jkern86
on 8/21/11 12:01 pm
Thank you all very much for your support. I am feeling better today. I was able to eat a little bit and I was able to drink alot today. I am going to see the Dr. tomorrow and see what she says.

Thank you,
Jessica

Tralynn222
on 8/26/11 12:08 pm - North Port, FL
I'd be interested in hearing what your doc said.  The same thing happens to me.  My band will be fine for 2 or 3 months and then tightens on it's own.  I've had to have two unfills in the last six months and now here I am tight again.  I just don't understand why or how it can tighten without getting a fill. 

Thanks for sharing any info.

-Traci

Banded 11/13/07-Dr. Bunch & Erbella (Bradenton Surg. Group)
Highest - 425 / Preop - 338 / Current - 261/ Goal - 150

jkern86
on 8/29/11 11:07 am
My Dr. said I could've had a virus. She took .3cc out and I feel great and I'm still loosing weight. I had a fill one other time and I was too tight but that was because I had too much in the band. She said with the fluids in your body it can cause your bad to be tight at times. Idk I just want to be able to be me and still loose weight. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Jessica

Most Active