Week 1 Day 2 of C25K Done!

Lowcountry
on 9/14/11 10:16 pm - Lady's Island, SC

Just an update. Gotta keep moving.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Tom C.
on 9/15/11 12:38 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
GOOD FOR YOU!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

I did the C25K last year and ran my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning!! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lowcountry
on 9/15/11 11:19 pm - Lady's Island, SC
This is my second time around. i had worked myself up to running 10 miles then slid right back into my sedentary lifestyle. So, I'm starting from the beginning. i got a lot out of running then had two horrible runs and then made every excuse under the sun to wait till tomorrow to start again. Sound familiar to anyone else?

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Tom C.
on 9/16/11 3:59 am, edited 9/16/11 4:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I started running a year ago, and swore by now I'd would have done at least one marathon. Haven't gotten there.

So I was (am) planning on doing a half-marathon on October 9. But I can't get pass the 9 mile mark (2nd time there). After hitting 9 miles last week, I ran 7 miles, then 4, then 5.75 (I run every other day).

I am depressed over the whole thing, but I also look at this like my weight loss journey.

NO WHERE DOES IT STATE THAT I NEED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS 
BY xxx date.

I need to realize that it may take a longer time then my self-imposed time limit. Even if it take another year, I know I will eventually get there.

Same with weight loss. While we may want to be X pounds by such a date - if it takes longer WHO CARES?!?!?! The bottom line, we eventually 'cross the finish line'.

THANKS FOR REMINDING ME WHAT'S TRULY IMPORTANT!!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 2:14 am - NY
You've inspired me! It looks totally do-able so I'm going to start this evening. I have a 5k as my goal on Dec 11- the Snowball Run
1queenbee3
on 9/15/11 2:17 am - Columbia, MD
Excellent...keep up the great work!!!

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

Lisa O.
on 9/15/11 2:47 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Nice!~
I worked with my personal trainer yesterday.  Pilates class today!

We can do this!
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active