??? So- IN HAVING TO GET BACK TO BAND BASICS-

Susan K.
on 10/4/11 11:31 pm - Beecher, IL
Can somene help me .

I have "lost touch" with most of the basics because I was comfortable losing 1-2 lbs a month doing whatever I was doing for the last 2 years.
But . now is the time when I MUST go back to basics while I am getting my band issues back oln track.
Dr says with my PCOS, I have to watch my carb intake & I can tell you it was never the priority, it was always the protein I made sure I got in

OK., so, in order to "lose" , what does your doctor or "you" recommend for daily band eating in regards to :

Calories
Carbs
Protein

& any other suggestions, portion sizes  etc..
I need to rethink my day, asap.

PLUS, I have a 12 yer old with pcos, what do you think her daily dietary intake should be in order to lose a few pounds ?

I plan on taking her to a nutrionist, but haven't gotten there yet.

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

debbie H.
on 10/5/11 5:37 am - AR
Don't know if I will be o any help at all, because my doc said a half cup or 3oz of protein then 1/4 c of veggies, then if there's room 1/4 c of carb.  He said 1200 to 1400 calories (top end if you are exercising, bottom end if not), and be sure to get 60 to 80 gms. of protein daily.  We didn't worry about carbs unless the weight loss amount is an issue.  I've been OK with my slower loss because I'm afraid of losing my hair or having gall bladder issues if I lose too quickly.  There are others who count their carbs and can give you amounts, but I haven't seen them on the boards lately.  Maybe the last round of surgery wars may have run some of them off.  I have certainly lurked more than I've posted until just recently.  So Good Luck! 

Susan K.
on 10/5/11 9:25 am - Beecher, IL
Thank you...
You we're alot of help & with only 34 lbs to go, you must be on top of something !@ WOW
CONGRATS !

So- it''s 60-80grms of carbs I go
Along with my protein at 60-90 grms of protein, I think thats a start

Thank you

Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

Hislady
on 10/5/11 9:27 am - Vancouver, WA
The ONLY way I have ever lost any weight was with super low carb diets like Atkins. Even the South Beach Diet has too many for me but staying that low for a long time messes me up so I alternate one week super low carb sometimes less than 10 a day. Then next week more carbs like the South Beach type. It gets tiresome eventually and I fade off and then a few weeks later I start all over again. Talk about a roller coaster.
Susan K.
on 10/5/11 10:46 am - Beecher, IL
UGH.....

Today was a bad day, I hope I can get back on track tomorrow....

Most Active