Slipped band

Dossy30
on 12/8/11 11:26 pm - GA
Hi everyone.  I havent been on the board in a while b/c of work and just being so busy.  However, I found out yesterday that my band slipped.  I'm just curious to see how many  of you have had a slipped band and had it fixed and had success.  I am 3 years and 9 months banded....I'm a nervous wreck by the way:) 

melly37
on 12/8/11 11:57 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I had a band slip that required surgery to reposition.  It look me a long time to have restriction after that, since my wonderful surgeon took my fills very slow.  With all of the stress in my life, I turned to food as a comfort that whole year that I found out I was slipped, unfill, surgery to fix, and finally to a good restriction level. 

I regained 40ish pounds that year, but I don't blame my band slip, I blame me and my food addictions.  I got back on track last November and have lost 25 of those pounds now.  So, no rapid weight loss, but I am pretty much in a good place and thankful to still have a tool to help me battle my demons. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

LinzHarpold
on 12/9/11 4:07 am
How do you know if you have a slipped band? I see people mentioning that and I am afraid.  
Clarisse2007
on 12/11/11 12:20 pm
 In my case I started vomiting and could not drink even liquids.
I got dehydrated and had to go to the hospital. they openned the band and 8 months later they replaced it. 
S. smith
on 12/9/11 12:22 pm
Greg M.
on 12/9/11 3:44 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Very sorry that this happened to you, I understand how you feel.  If you decide to have your band fixed, please take your time getting it filled back up.  I believe that I was refilled too quickly and that was possibly the reason that it slipped again.  I would suggest at least 3 months absolute minimum and possibly 6 months...and them go very, very slowly.  I wish you the best.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

LinzHarpold
on 12/11/11 12:28 pm
Do all slips require surgery? I read somewhere that a person was having issues and she had the fill taken completely out, then had to do a liquid diet. She started again with fills after a little while. Was that not a slipped band, but something else? I need to sign up for a fleuro appointment and I am terrified. I can't do another surgery. *biting nails*. I don't know if I have a slip or what.
What has your doc said since your last post? Good luck!
A H.
on 12/11/11 12:49 pm, edited 12/11/11 12:49 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Yep, 4+ years out my band slipped 5cm and isn't going back into place. Having it removed and revising to VSG. Good luck to you.
Most Active