Anyone hating waiting to drink for a hour after eating? Soda anyone?

traceyls57
on 1/20/12 11:09 am
Just curious, although I have had a burping problem, and not sure what that is all about, but I was wondering how many get tired of waiting an hour to drink after eating, sometimes longer for me? Soda, I was told not to, but have had a diet coke here and there, not so much since I have had the burping thing.

My biggest issue with the hour wait is, going out to dinner and not be able to have a drink with the rest of them. After almost 4 years you would think it's not a big deal, but maybe it's just getting old.

Gp/weight.png[/img]
://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wp3oOyK/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

-Mari-
on 1/20/12 12:48 pm, edited 1/20/12 12:54 am
I believe we are not supposed to drink after, because it is supposed to wash the food down and you will not feel, full, as long. So, if this is the case, and you do not wait an hour, you may be hungrier earlier than usual. My Dr's rule is 1/2 hour and I sometimes do not wait. But I feel we should stick to the rules as much as we can, otherwise sometime down the road we may have problems is just not worth the risk, to me. I have not had soda, I have had a sip of some new soda, just to taste it.. Others drink it all the time. If I was you, if your Dr said no, I wouldn't do it.
I feel ya!!There are a lot of things I do not like about WLS. I think we all would like to fall back into our old habits, they were nice. But I would get another one in a minute. I figured it's better than being fat, again.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Cheryl N.
on 1/20/12 1:23 pm - Des Moines, WA
My NUT says to eat a small piece of fruit, like orange, celementine, grapes, etc to help with the thirst after eating to help moisten your mouth.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

MARIA F.
on 1/20/12 3:04 pm - Athens, GA

I just do 30 minutes. It was annoying at first, but now doesn't bother me. Guess I am used to it at this point.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/12 4:57 pm - UK
 Maria, please do not take this as anything other than interest! If you have no restriction, what difference does waiting make for you!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

traceyls57
on 1/20/12 11:20 pm
Oh I have restriction, not sure what I said to make you think I didn't. I have been having problems with burping alot, comes and goes, maybe it was the pasticos I have been eating so holding off on them now. I was going to go for a complete unfill last week cause the burping was so bad, and couldnt' eat anything, but it got better. I think I might be to tight if some people can wait 20 minutes and drink, my band won't let me drink up to a hour or longer, or it gets really ugly with gas and pain. Oh and I didn't take it as anything but interest, thanks again!

Gp/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/12 11:28 pm - UK

I was answering Maria, not you.

traceyls57
on 1/20/12 11:21 pm
Maria, I would love to do 30, but threw trial and error, the band won't let me, the pain is to much for me.

Gp/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/12 4:55 pm - UK
 I' m lucky.Trial and error showed me I am fine  drinking  20 minutes after food, sometimes even less. And if I go out on s social occasion, I usually sip red wine throughout the meal. I can eat a bit more but that's fine by me sometimes!

And I was never forbidden carbonated drinks. I can't drink them fast or they hurt! But if I take care.

Kate

traceyls57
on 1/20/12 11:23 pm
Kate, I think I would be very happy with 20 minutes, but from the first day I couldn't drin****il after a hour sometimes longer, trial and error got me on that one!

Gp/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active