I am so sick of myself at this point

Nikki C.
on 3/9/12 12:37 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I've pretty much had it with feeling like crap for 3+ weeks now with a variety of things clearly affecting my band. 

Most of the posts have been about my chest pains wherever they are coming from...

too tight maybe... - got an unfill (no help)
stress/anxiety - has improved since last week

So this week was the annoying chest pains again but less than last week - food is going down, liquids are going down but as I posted the other day, I have this feeling of an urge to burp and can't as well as the hiccup thing randomly.

I've been paying very close attention to everything my body is doing and saying to me and now have a new symptom that I realized I have had all along since the unfill and I suppose this is contributing to no improvement. I have been having major post nasal drip. I do not have a sinus infection, no itchy nose or sneezing,  I do take OTC allergy meds as needed so I took one yesterday - that didn't help. 
The back of my throat feels extremely thick, and it's like constant gulps of mucous. 

I called the doctor yesterday but I did not get a call back and I have a feeling it was lack of him getting my message from the ditzo in his office.  He is in surgery today so I know he is not available right now but I plan on calling back.

Anyway, could these sinuses be the root of my problem? Mucous accumulating in my throat, esophagus and pouch cause a full feeling that
a) makes me want to burp but can't 
b)is producing hiccups as a signal from my band and
c) causing chest discomfort because it's sitting there?

It's not making me tighter to the point where anything comes up because I got that unfill and I feel like I am wide open but perhaps it is still backing up my GI tract?  I haven't been eating much however because the mucous just turns me away from food. Definitely not touching a protein shake as I think that will cause more mucous.

I'm freakin' starving, I could eat a horse and if I would and it would go down, for sure I would have severe left shoulder pain. I am super miserable - as if I didnt have to say it.

I haven't had sinus issues since surgery - only allergies which cleared up with meds so I have no idea what to take to stop the post nasal drip and get back "my normal" banded life and get my fill put back because I need it!  Producing and swalling mucous all day long is disgusting! 

I don't even know if there is any help for me until this passes...I'm beyond p!$$ed off!  I'm just at my wits end

Jim Camp
on 3/9/12 1:02 am
Nic M
on 3/9/12 1:05 am
Hi Nikki,

I really do feel for you. I also had the runny nose-sinus thing. The diaphragm being damaged caused what was called, "Machine gun sneezing" and I'd sneeze until I passed out. It was awful. The diaphragm gets so irritated and causes all these weird symptoms.

Your diaphragm really is screaming right now, I think. It all sounds so horribly familiar to me and I don't like that you're going through it.

I also had the "not able to burp" thing...  I would rock back and forth and try to stretch in order to get the burp out. And it was quite a spectacle! 

Have you tried applying heat to your abdomen at all? Sometimes that helps dissipate the gas and pain at least a little bit.

Hope you feel better soon.  I am sorry you're having such a horrible time. I understand what it's like!

Take care,
Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Nikki C.
on 3/9/12 1:48 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks Nicci for always chiming in on my posts. Maybe I sound like a broken record at this point but it's the only place I can vent where people "get it".

I have to just take this day to day which I'm trying to do but some moments just put me over the edge.
Someone asks me "what are you having for lunch"  I'm going to reply "snot" LOL! 

I'm going to try to convince myself that something has to give sooner or later. I'm sure you will see my next update

Nic M
on 3/9/12 1:53 am
Well, I know that *I* sound like a broken record! But I really do feel for you.

Try heat on yer tummy area. It really might help. I had those "stick-um" patches that are marketed for menstrual cramps and they helped. Just remember to put them UNDER your clothing or people stare. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Nikki C.
on 3/9/12 4:21 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I have those for my back so I suppose I could use them on my tummy too. Or else get cozy with the heating pad tonight. 

I wish my doc would call me back already! 

Zee Starrlite
on 3/9/12 1:41 am
Oh honey don't know what is going on with you but it sucks!  I pray it passes and you get to feeling better.

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Nikki C.
on 3/9/12 1:50 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Thank's Leila.  I'm trying not to be so eh and negative over here but ...... it is what it is. 

I just want to get back to what normal is for me.....hopefully soon!

grannymedic1
on 3/9/12 1:52 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Yes, this could happen with the postnasal drip thing. I suggest you find a good antihistamine that works for you and take it even if you don't think it helps for a while. Drink tons of water because, of course they can dry you up and that would cause your band to tighten. If these simple things don't get you feeling better within a few days you are going to have to have the chest pains checked out further. They are never acceptable, no matter what. Don't stop looking for answers and don't let your doc bru**** off.

I am sorry you have been going through this and will pray you get to feeling better soon. BTW I feel like I could eat whole pony very easily and have been lately. I just faced myself this morning and will have to get busy. My band is loose and I have to keep it this way since I can still get stuck easily. That is mostly me eating too fast, or too big of bites, so I will have to deal with hunger. I have to stop eating too much and stop

Good luck, Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Tooty
on 3/9/12 2:04 am - Germantown, TN
You might want to get an EKG just to make sure...those are also signs of a heart attack for women. 

I hope you get relief soon!!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active