Who do you recommend in So.Ca. for lap band erosion?

calgal
on 4/4/12 12:49 am - socal, CA

Who do you recommend in So. Ca. for lap band erosion and has anyone had problems with this?

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

calgal
on 4/4/12 12:53 am - socal, CA
And what happened if you did have erosion?

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 1:49 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
What's going on with your band ?
Bubble S.
on 4/4/12 2:27 am
Hi,
So Cal is a pretty big area.  What area are you in?  What insurance do you have?

If you have PPO and are close to LA then I would suggest Ceder Sinai Hospital in La.  They have a large barriatric department and are great.  No complaints from me so far.
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

calgal
on 4/5/12 7:59 am - socal, CA
I have United Healthcare PPO and Qulici, Milton Owens and Dr. Luckey seem to be the only ones in my network.

Zee Starrlite
on 4/4/12 4:06 am
Wow, it's been such a long time!  So sorry if you have this issue.  I remember this being your second band and you still couldn't even use it.  So sorry.

I pray that all goes well for you and that you don't have an erosion.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

calgal
on 4/5/12 7:57 am - socal, CA
Yes, it has been a long time, Leila...nice to hear from you...
Waiting for biopsy reports to make a decision.
I did lose most of my weight..so I am happy about that..

MARIA F.
on 4/4/12 10:42 am - Athens, GA

Sorry about the erosion. Feel free to join the failed band forum if you'd like.

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 1:15 pm - Mexico
On April 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM Pacific Time, calgal wrote:

Who do you recommend in So. Ca. for lap band erosion and has anyone had problems with this?

It totally depends on insurance.  Heck, I do know of someone but I'll be darned if I can think of his name.  Let me look at the OH doc testimonials and I'll find his name.  He is great about seeing people he didn't band, he's a great surgeon, and doesn't care that you went to MX.

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 1:29 pm - Mexico
John Rabkin or Helmuth Billy. Dr. Billy is who I was thinking of but Rabkin is very good as well. You need a seriously good revision surgeon. Not just a standard issue bariatric surgeon.

I believe Dr. Billy is in San Diego, but I can't swear to it.
Most Active