Who do you recommend in So.Ca. for lap band erosion?

calgal
on 4/5/12 8:00 am - socal, CA
Yes I have heard these two are good..after checking my insurance, United Healthcare, P.P.O...I seem to only have Quilci, Owens, Luckey and Paya, in my network.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

calgal
on 4/5/12 8:01 am - socal, CA
I am in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 10:28 am, edited 4/5/12 10:28 am - Mexico

Please do your research well on whatever doctor you choose.  Fixing an eroded stomach is no small task.  It can be quite extensive.

I remember meeting a girl that had a band by Huacuz just as half his patients need a 2nd surgery anyway.  She eroded and needed the band removed.  She went to my surgeon and he said it was the most difficult erosion he ever fixed.  She said that her surgery was over 4 hours long.  This is nothing to mess with.  It can be safely fixed, by a true revision surgeon.

I wish I knew something about the four surgeons you list but I really don't.

calgal
on 4/6/12 1:58 am - socal, CA
Thank you...

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 8:43 am - Mexico
On April 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM Pacific Time, calgal wrote:
Yes I have heard these two are good..after checking my insurance, United Healthcare, P.P.O...I seem to only have Quilci, Owens, Luckey and Paya, in my network.

I know the name Milton Owens, I know he's used a great deal around here but I have heard both good and bad.  I would contact some of the people on his testimonials and see what they say.

Sorry you are going through this.  I take it you have WLS benefits now?  Can you get a revision in a few months?

calgal
on 4/6/12 2:00 am - socal, CA
My gastroenterologist wants me to wait for the biopsy reports, before I contact a bariactric surgeron, however, I already did see Dr. Quilic two days ago...don't really know much about him..he is a general surgeon and 70% of his practice is bariactrics.

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/12 4:00 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I've had surgeries with both Paya and Qulicci, I would rather go with Paya even though back in 2006 he placed both mine and my daughters bands too high. ( Imo )

Paya has so much more experience now and he is very easy to get in touch with, Quillici is a conveyor belt surgeon and is very hard to talk to and with. I find him extremely arrogant, and had my band removal not been done as it was done, I would have opted for a second opinion, but I was in desperate pain and throwing up bloody mucosa. I am thankful to Quillici for taking my problems so seriously, but I don't care for him at all, however....he is just as experienced as Paya.
calgal
on 4/6/12 2:02 am - socal, CA
My gastroenterologist wants me to wait for my biopsy reports..10 days, before I see a bariactric surgeron,, however, I did see Dr. Quilici two days ago..

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/12 2:04 am - Mexico
On April 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM Pacific Time, calgal wrote:
My gastroenterologist wants me to wait for my biopsy reports..10 days, before I see a bariactric surgeron,, however, I did see Dr. Quilici two days ago..

How many actual eroded stomachs has he fixed?  Did he say?
calgal
on 4/6/12 2:07 am - socal, CA
I will have to ask that...

Most Active