Sore stomach..

JulieVSoto
on 10/11/12 1:47 pm, edited 10/11/12 1:48 pm
Hello all.. I have had the laoband for approx 5 years now. I have felt this feeling before and now it is back.. It feels as if I wa hit on my left side.. Or as if ive dine so many situps.. Very sore. I have touched around port area but not sure if im sensitive to the pain or if band is causin pain. Anyone have a similar pain?
Jean M.
on 10/11/12 9:08 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Exactly where is this pain? Upper abdomen, middle, lower? Your band is on the upper part of your stomach, which would translate to your chest, not your abdomen.

Is your port also on the left side? Is the port site tender, swollen, reddened, or hot to touch? If so, those are signs of infection and you need to call your surgeon ASAP.

If you've had this feeling before, what was it's course then? Did it last a day, a week, a month? Did anything make it feel better or worse (like an ice pack or heating pad)?

No one here on OH is qualified to diagnose a medical problem, or at least not based on a short description on an online forum. I think you need to talk to your surgeon or PCP about this pain.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active