Chewable Prenatal Reccomendation?

smiles1007
on 2/10/13 8:05 am - Somerset, NJ

Hi-

We are planning a family in the next 6 months, I want to start taking prenatals in place of my Trader Joe kid chewables. 

Does anyone have a good chewable prenatal?

Thanks,

Veronica

Hislady
on 2/10/13 10:11 am - Vancouver, WA

You should probably really check this with your surgeon or primary care or even your OB if you know who that will be. It would depend on your blood work and how your vitamin levels are now, you may need extra supplementation  besides a regular prenatal vitamin.

smiles1007
on 2/10/13 11:03 am - Somerset, NJ

Thanks- After tons of research today. I have decided to call OB tomorrow. Last time I asked her she said to take something over the counter, but i have been re-banded and I would prefer to have a reccomendation of a complete chewable or if I have to take anything extra. So if I don't get good answers ( or not taken seriously) probably time to change docs.  Thanks!

Hislady
on 2/10/13 1:27 pm - Vancouver, WA

That's good because we are finding lately that even tho we don't malabsorb with the band we also sometimes aren't able to get enough food in to get all the vitamins we need so it's a good idea to get labs done just like folks with a malabsorbtive surgery like RNY or DS. I've had my band for over 5 yrs. and just had some routine blood work done and was very low in Vit D which nearly everyone is, plus B12 and iron. So I'm having to supplement them all. By the way my band ha been empty for over a year so I can eat most anything now. You might even ask your surgeon if he is aware of any OBs that are familiar with WLS just to have someone with a better understanding of nutritional requirements. Good luck on the baby front!

Most Active