Hello! I'm 10 years out and have a question. I've been dealing with aspiration & night...

kimkimmie
on 10/15/18 6:13 am - Jacksonville, FL

My question is has anyone experienced a combination of being able to eat large quantities and experiencing hunger (common signs of being too loose) combined with aspiration & night cough (common sign of being too tight). I made an appointment for this Friday because I'm worried it is damaging my lungs. Sometimes when I exhale it sounds wheezy or like bubbles. I know I can sleep in a chair or stop eating 2-3 hours before bed and it might help some but I don't want a temporary fix, I want the night cough to go away.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Bigdogragtop
on 10/18/18 9:23 am

I had the same thing. Turns out I had a infection in my lungs that was causing the cough. Had to get on antibiotics for that and 6 months of acid reducing pills to stop and heal the night regurgitation. Also alcohol makes it worse. Now I take phendimetrazine every night to help seal off stomach valve. Going back today to let tightened again. Hopefully will not have problems again. Good luck.

kimkimmie
on 11/2/18 2:01 pm - Jacksonville, FL

Thanks for your reply. They removed my fluid & what a relief to not have the night issues anymore. How did the fill go? Not sure how long I need to go till I get some added back. My pouch was stretched from the food piling up there & not going through well. I want to give it time to go back to normal.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Mell
on 11/2/18 12:00 pm

Kind of sounds like what I had when I had my heital hernia. I felt like maybe something was still stuck, it does help to stop eating a few hours before bed and for me sipping decafe tea at night seem to soothe the belly.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

kimkimmie
on 11/2/18 2:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL

The doc took the fluid out & it fixed the issue. My band was way way way too tight.

~Kim 

Most Active
lap band problems
lynnm2020 · 1 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics