lap band problems

lynnm2020
on 11/14/18 9:50 am

Help! I had my lap band 14 yrs ago with much success. I went to a different doctor 6 wks ago to have it deflated and that evening I started swelling and was constipated. I should of known something was wrong when he used a huge syringe to deflate it instead of the smaller one my regular doctor uses which caused an open wound. I ended up going to Urgent Care, ER then admitted to the hospital overnight where they did an EGD, x-ray, sonogram saying that my band wasn't obstructed. Immediately I started gaining weight (the next day after deflation), within 2 wks I gained 30 pds and 6 inches in my stomach. I have since gone back to my regular lap band doctor and inflated it back to where it was. Still am swollen and 30 pds heavier. HELP, getting so depressed, hate to look at myself in the mirror. Has this happened to anyone out there?

ladygodiva1228
on 11/16/18 9:38 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On November 14, 2018 at 5:50 PM Pacific Time, lynnm2020 wrote:

Help! I had my lap band 14 yrs ago with much success. I went to a different doctor 6 wks ago to have it deflated and that evening I started swelling and was constipated. I should of known something was wrong when he used a huge syringe to deflate it instead of the smaller one my regular doctor uses which caused an open wound. I ended up going to Urgent Care, ER then admitted to the hospital overnight where they did an EGD, x-ray, sonogram saying that my band wasn't obstructed. Immediately I started gaining weight (the next day after deflation), within 2 wks I gained 30 pds and 6 inches in my stomach. I have since gone back to my regular lap band doctor and inflated it back to where it was. Still am swollen and 30 pds heavier. HELP, getting so depressed, hate to look at myself in the mirror. Has this happened to anyone out there?

If you gained 30lbs in 2 weeks there is something very serious going on. Unless you are eating over 10 thousand calories a day the weight gain isn't from eating.

I would get a second opinion. I had a band for over 10 years and had numerous fills and unfills, but never got bloated or gained that large amount of weight in such a short period of time.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

lillipad1
on 1/1/19 8:41 pm

I was banded 11 years ago and lost only 40 pounds. Never had the swelling from fills and deflation. However, over last 6 years gained 30 pounds back. Recently I went on a ChiroThin Weight loss Program from my chiropractor and lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks. It kick started my weight loss again. Doctor supervised. He counsels people where ever they are via the Chirothin tracking system. 2 days of eating whatever you want if you can along with the Chirothin drops for 2 days, then 500 calories of meat veggies and fruit for 6 weeks then increase to 800-1000 calories daily. I feel great. Started my second round today. I want to lose 30 more pounds with exercise.

Baker Chiropractic, St. Ann, Missouri

I am on Isagenix Women's Vitamins and gives me energy. I had labs done 2 weeks ago and all levels are up on the positive side and pre diabetes is gone. I had back surgery 1 year ago and now can exercise better.

Check it out.

iamtina
on 1/21/19 9:03 am - Cookeville, TN

I had my lap-band 10 years ago and have gained back almost 45 pounds. they are telling me they want to deflate and remove my band because it has failed and only after surgery will they decide if I am a candidate for another surgery post op. I weighed almost 500 pounds. There is NO way I am going back. There is no way I am letting them take anything out of my band. it is the only thing that is keeping me from gaining all my weight back.

lynnm2020
on 1/21/19 11:05 am

That's exactly what I'm fearful of, gaining back the 140 pds I lost. The doctor told me the same thing, remove lap band and MAYBE put in gastric sleeve, but I don't think my insurance will cover it. 20k self pay which I can't afford. Thanks for your reply and good luck

Most Active