Newly banded

Deppyd
on 1/28/19 3:07 pm
Lap Band on 01/25/19

Hey everyone,

Newly banded (4 days ago) just a few silly questions I guess as I don't know many people who have had the band and can answer them

1. how long did the swelling take to go down?

2. Is it normal to have the runs (I'm guessing liquid in means liquid out ????)

3. How long until I can sleep on my side again? ?? it's way too uncomfortable to do right now and I'm not usually a back sleeper! This is the part that's annoying me the most!!!

4. When does this ridiculous shoulder pain go away? I swear it felt like they had torn something during surgery. (Aware it's all referred pain)

Bridge100
on 1/29/19 1:21 am

Yes i think the day after the surgery your intestine feel bad and thats why were only meant to have a liquid diet for two weeks post surgery

evediaz815
on 1/30/19 8:38 am

Hi, it does take a while for the swelling to go down. Its hard to give you an exact time frame...for me it was like a week or more.

Shoulder pain is due to the gas they fill your abdomen up so they can see what they are doing. It can take up to a week..but honestly try to walk as often as you can it will help...dont be afraid to take pain medicine to help you through this process.

I never had the runs but Im sure everything is fine.. Hope your recovery goes well.

OhHenry
on 2/22/19 2:08 pm

Hi!

How are you doing?

I hope you are feeling better.

It sounds like you had typical discomfort after surgery. Hopefully you are feeling better.

Give us an update!

Kim

Kocd
on 9/6/19 9:27 am
Lap Band on 08/24/19

Hi

I'm recently banded and couldn't sleep on my side for the first 5 days. I believe I'm getting shoulder pain now if I eat too quickly but paracetamol helps stop it.

So far do good.

K

Most Active