Sick of starting over!!!!

AZDONNA
on 4/2/19 3:10 pm

hello everyone. I have finally found a dr that will fill me band and continuing care. I have been banded since 2008 starting weight was about 290. I went down to 185. but chicken got stuck and my band was emptied.

that was over 6 years ago. I am back to 270 and still gaining. I tried to get a revision but there is nothing wrong with the band so they wont do a revision. I finally found a dr and meeting with him on tuesday. Now I have to remember how to eat with a fill band again. I am sure it will take time to find my sweet spot again. But i am going to try... I can no longer live like this. i am wasting my life cause I can;t do anything.

I am so depressed and I hate myself for getting back here. thanks for listening.

arg2689
on 4/3/19 11:52 am - Olympia, WA

I am totally right there with you!! got the lap band in 2009 at 320#, got down to 205#, got pregnant, band was emptied, got back up to 290# and not I plateau between 250#-260#. As of yesterday I finally got my insurance to approve lap band maintenance!

We are the absolute worst on ourselves when it comes to situations like this. Although it is disappointing that we gained weight back, its also a good learning lesson that we don't want to feel like this ever again!

It's way easier said than done, but look on the positive side! You ARE getting your band filled, you WILL lose weight, you WILL SUCCEED. Yes, having to start over and re-train ourselves how to eat and drink with the band filled will be difficult, but just think, we did it before, we can do it again!!

WE GOT THIS GIRLFRIEND!! Just keep your head high!

Feel free to reach out at any time! I know I will be needing support along the line haha

Have a great one and can't wait to hear about your success!

Ashleigh G.

Lizard1004
on 7/18/19 10:03 am

Hi

you can do this !!! I was banded in 2008 started at 312 got down to 202 back up to 240. Have decided Im sick of this too!!!

I don't feel I have health issues from the band. I just never fully got control of everything I put in my mouth.

I am back in the gym 5 days a week. Doing a lot of strength training which i actually enjoy! never knew this always did treadmill with no results . Almost 50 so decided its time to get this under control once and for all

Elizabeth

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/19 4:25 pm - Tabor City, NC

I haven't had surgery yet but I'm definitely looking into it I'm sorry that you have to go through that again but my prayers are with you

melati
on 8/1/19 8:50 pm - Miami, FL

me too. I've had mine since 03 and had it unfilled years ago--thinking about using my tool again

Most Active