Band slip

fr1endly2
on 12/15/19 11:43 am - Ridge, NY

Ok so i was banded 2-16 just found out my band

is slipped? ANYONE tell me what symptoms they got from

a slipped band??? i have Pancreatic issues also going on, not

making digestive enzymes and I am curious what is what.

I do believe that when i eat getting the runny nose and excessive sweat is the band slippage.....? ANY info helpful

bypass/ lap banded

6/1/2005...6/15/2016

310/169/?  228/207/??

Lisa 

hollykim
on 12/15/19 12:53 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 15, 2019 at 7:43 PM Pacific Time, fr1endly2 wrote:

Ok so i was banded 2-16 just found out my band

is slipped? ANYONE tell me what symptoms they got from

a slipped band??? i have Pancreatic issues also going on, not

making digestive enzymes and I am curious what is what.

I do believe that when i eat getting the runny nose and excessive sweat is the band slippage.....? ANY info helpful

don't k ow about the other but runny nose usually means one is " full" and to stop eating.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/16/19 12:29 pm

I don't have the band, but I almost always feel very hot and sweat after any meal. Not sure why, and none of my doctors can tell me why and what to do about it. I also get extremely tired after most meals. Meals that include carbs or no carbs.

It is very unpleasant, and so far I have not found a reason for it or a solution.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

fr1endly2
on 12/16/19 1:17 pm - Ridge, NY

Yes i get sleepy too its like a dump regardless what i eat.. Two bites and it happens .... who know guess when it comes out I will see what goes away and what stays with me

bypass/ lap banded

6/1/2005...6/15/2016

310/169/?  228/207/??

Lisa 

White Dove
on 12/20/19 8:29 pm - Warren, OH

The runny nose if from damage to the vagus nerve.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

fr1endly2
on 12/20/19 8:43 pm - Ridge, NY

Do you know if that is near where the band sits???? Seems the sweating might be my pancreatic issue which the gi doctor blames gastric bypass caused..... would explain the nose run of band sits near and is slipped

bypass/ lap banded

6/1/2005...6/15/2016

310/169/?  228/207/??

Lisa 

White Dove
on 12/20/19 8:48 pm - Warren, OH

It runs from the brain to the colon and right through the stomach

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kitty_mom
on 4/12/21 1:02 pm - New Maryland, Canada

When my band slipped I would not be able to eat without throwing up. The band was half-emptied 3 times and each time I got close to restriction I would start vomiting. I think this year of vomiting and living on fluids messed up my metabolism and now I gain weight on anything over 1200 calories. I am now just 20 pounds less than when I started this crazy journey.

Kitty_mom
on 4/12/21 1:02 pm - New Maryland, Canada

When my band slipped I would not be able to eat without throwing up. The band was half-emptied 3 times and each time I got close to restriction I would start vomiting. I think this year of vomiting and living on fluids messed up my metabolism and now I gain weight on anything over 1200 calories. I am now just 20 pounds less than when I started this crazy journey.

Most Active